1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    they don't have half the things i want...
    i want in 15" they have 16" and i want machined white and they have only hyper silver :(
    to top it all up a set of 4 costs 22K..
    (waste of money)
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The lower value of 58.1 is fine, but the other value 67.1 may vary... go back to previous pages... As it is HR... it ll be the same as all other HR models.. somebody had shared the dimension of hub rings of HR wheels.

Cal them up n ask if they have it in 15" ... Painting them is not a problem at all... You can do it red with any good guy to RED to suit your car's overall makeovers !
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    That's surprising @TheBlack! Until a few days back Sai Mag Wheels had a lot of options in 15 inches and 98 pcd. As for your 2nd point, 98-only-pcd alloys are extremely rare if any. If you are going for aftermarket alloys, buying multi-pcd ones is the only option IMO. Personally, I have gone for 14 inches 98~108pcd League alloys.
  4. I got to know a few things about alloys now, thank you Royj.

Few Questions to all Gurus:

I am going for 17" alloys with 100 PCD and 4 holes [4 x 100]

Question 1:

Should i really worry about offset? What is it and what is the max allowed for 17" wheel for Punto

Question 2:

Hub centric rings, one of my friend suggested to get it done at lathe, and he also informed that the ring should fit tight in the wheel [hammered to get into the wheel], is there any alternate way to find ready made ones?

Question 3:
    What extra care i should take as a layman buying a 100 PCD wheel?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm afraid i cannot answer your other queries, but the ring needing to be hammered in place makes no sense whatsoever. These rings are there just to take up the size difference between hub and alloy wheel. When you will properly tighten the wheel, these things will automatically stay in place.

It is more important to choose correct sized rings.

Cheers.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    if my calculations are correct then you can at max run 205/45 R17

If you can get hold of a good fabricator then why not?
    All you need is a vernier calipers to measure the outer dia of the rings..
    (here is where even i have confusion.. Gurus, does the outer dia for the spigot rings to be chosen depend on the brand of alloys being used?)

To drive you're car with ** full confidence ** you need to have wobbly bolts as well because you're using 100PCD alloys while you should be using 98PCD .

A few suggestions?
    17" looks really good but you're going to hamper your ride BIG TIME. you need to go ultra low profile to make it fit on you're car.. This will add more stress on suspension while driving on bad roads, which means you will feel every small hole on the road,
    Point 2: There is a very good chance you will ruin your alloys as well because of low profile and bad roads and replacing them would cost you a bomb as usual.
    Think about it.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    As mentioned earlier, I am planning to install my alloys tomorrow. I need a bit of advise regarding the following -

1. Should I go for wheel alignment on the new tyres and alloys? I am specifically asking this question as my car had undergone free servicing just 800 kms back where alignment was performed. I don't trust local tyre shops for alignment and all so I prefer skipping it during the installation process.
    2. What should be the ideal tyre pressure for 185/70 R14 tyres? Fiat recommended tyre pressure is only applicable to 165/80 R14 stock tyres.
    3. Any suggestions for the wheel balancing part? Again I am asking this as I don't know how good the place is where the tyre/alloy installation will be carried out.
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    1.Yes ,needed and it should be free of cost
    2.32 psi ideal..
    3.balancing needed too..
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    puntosat, I have heard alignment needs to be done once in every 5-7k kms. Mine was done 800 kms back during 2nd free servicing. Does installing alloys and new tyres make it necessary that alignment be done and if so why? My biggest concern is those alignment and balancing shops messing around, experimenting with suspension components.
  10. if my calculations are correct then you can at max run 205/45 R17.

yup this is the one iam going for as of now!

If you can get hold of a good fabricator then why not?
    All you need is a vernier calipers to measure the outer dia of the rings..
    (here is where even i have confusion.. Gurus, does the outer dia for the spigot rings to be chosen depend on the brand of alloys being used?)

Obsolutely here is where i scratched my head, if different alloy manufactures have different dia, it would be fun to find the right ring.

To drive you're car with ** full confidence ** you need to have wobbly bolts as well because you're using 100PCD alloys while you should be using 98PCD .

This is a new topic for me, i will do some search on this site to find what they are.

A few suggestions?
    17" looks really good but you're going to hamper your ride BIG TIME. you need to go ultra low profile to make it fit on you're car.. This will add more stress on suspension while driving on bad roads, which means you will feel every small hole on the road,
    Point 2: There is a very good chance you will ruin your alloys as well because of low profile and bad roads and replacing them would cost you a bomb as usual.
    Think about it.

With full due respect, i agree with your suggestion. I am ok to take the risk right now cos 205/55/15 tyres are going to damage the car further as the car already scrapes almost every other day on speedbreakers.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012