1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Aftermarket Alloys Discussions

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by royj, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Roy,

Sorry to bother you again, as you have done some research I am coming to you again..

One of my friend is using HRS 14" alloys (98 - 100 PCD) in his Punto and he told me that he has not used any rings for the fitment. I was browsing through Sai Mag Wheels and could see couple models (H 480 and S 238) suitable for Punto. From this H 480 is from HRS: Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier

As you are proficient I am seeking your advice in this regard.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    H480 and S238 in 98-100 PCD is good fitment for Punto.
    As for hubcentric rings, I always recommend them. If you drive only on smooth roads and stay south of 80kmph, you may not notice the vibrations from not using the rings.
  3. Roy,

Here is the response which I got from Sai Mag Wheels:

Car make / Model : Fiat Punto
    Alloy wheel model : S 238
    Size / Specification : 15" size , 98 + 100 PCD ( Suitable for Fiat Punto )
    Finish : Hyper silver
    Price : 14,000 /- for 4 pcs , 17,500/- for 5 pcs .
    Price is inclusive of all taxes & excluding transportation cost.
    Price is valid till for 7 days.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    15” H 480 is for 18,000 /- for 4 pcs , 22,500 /- for 5 pcs.
    Hub rings are not required with HRS or STAR RACING WHEELS alloy wheels for Fiat Punto.

What do you suggest?
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Everything is fine except the statement quoted above. I use HRS from Sai Mag Wheels (98 PCD) and still found vibration issues when one of the hub rings was "lost" by TASS.
    As for the choice of alloys, go ahead with your personal preference and cost consideration.
  5. rajistagged

rajistagged

Dear Roy,

I am new in the Forum so first a "Hello" to you.

Very difficult for people like us to understand the technicalities. I would like to upgrade the Wheels of GP Dynamic 1.3 MJD to Alloys.

Please tell me what are the things i need to communicate to a Shop guy / keep an eye on. Who provide the Hub Rings?...is it integral to the Car or bought separately?..

I just want an upgrade from Rim to Alloys and not any changes with repect to the Tyre/Wheel profile. Should i stick to Fiat or go aftermarket?..

Suggestions on Wheels and Tyre brands will be appreciated...Budget around 30K

Thanks.
  6. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi rajis,

Recently I upgraded wheels of my 1.4 Dynamic. I used Linea OEM alloys, they are 15". I was searching for 98 PCD ones, but didn't find it anywhere. Some shop guys suggested to go for 100 PCD's, they said they will convert 98 PCD to 100 PCD's :eek: I knew few bits and pieces after doing some research on PCDs and hub centric rings. Also they said any alloy (with 72.1mm spigot and all) can be fit into fiat's 58.1mm spigot, without rings which is absolute rubbish. I explained some technicality behind PCD's and spigots and never visited to those shops again. For me total cost was 45k (4 alloys + 4 Yokohama C drives).

Few advice from my side.

1) Better to go for fiat OEM alloys (you will need to upgrade tryres also).
    2) If not, go for 98 PCD aftermarket, but with SPIGOT rings, they should be bought separately.

You can refer this, very informative. - PCD and Offset explained
  7. As 98PCD is only used in Fiat car, no one is interested to keep it in stock. Even Sai Mag wheels, New Delhi have few collections.

Sreeddhar, Can you please tell the shops where you checked for 98PCD alloys
  8. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Praveen,

I checked in Reliance Auto on KR Road, they had 98 pcd, i didn't like designs, then Madhus, Pitstop near Hoskerehalli cross, Torq near Indiranagar (they had few designs) and some other names which I didn't remember . By that time I decided go with OEM only. :)
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    To all TFians who have ordered hub-centric/spigot rings from Hub Rings / Spigot rings for wheels 4,75 - How much time did it take for these rings to get delivered to your place? I ordered mine on July 6th and awaiting delivery.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  10. It will take 12-18 days to receive.