1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

After owning a Fiat for 9 months, TD a Swift to see what it offers

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Esakki Sundar, May 16, 2015.

1. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3

+1 to this, kitna dethi hai attitude and resale value
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    In fact I read the below statements earlier in some other posts.

" FIAT kum dethi hai magar jaan nahi lethi hai". Not sure who said this but makes absolute sense.

And the other one from a FIAT owner in regards to a Swift when someone said that it is a pretty fast car.

" Mate let's not forget that tin cans fly, fortunately TANK's don't". Jayadev (TFI member)

The second one was an awesome statement too, a very candid and light way to showcase what FIAT's are about.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
    Pradeepms and ccprakash like this.
  3. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    Height adjustable driver seat is available in my friend's swift. His is Zdi variant.

80% of people who buy swift are either following other's advice or are too scared to go with other brands. Maruti has been cashing on this and will continue to do so I guess
    oxom likes this.
  4. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    While Vxi/VDi are the most selling Swift variants which has miserably failed in crash test, Why is Suzuki playing with the lives of Indian people by producing so light weight unsafe cars?
    With 10 Lakh Swift sold so far is Suzuki putting the lives of 40 lakh people (assuming 4 people travel) at risk each day?
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
  6. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also why is our Indian customers so dumb and not valuing their lives and dear ones travelling on Swift.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  7. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    People will have to give priority to some things n ignore some others when buying cars. We, Fiat folks should not be thinking of resale when buying the car. In their case it is safety.

I have heard people saying that most cars in road are from Maruti or Hyundai and hence it is fine to take that risk on safety . for many folks, repairing the car after crash is the concern and that is where Maruti wins.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Sundar,
    The manufacturer is not at 100% fault here, we get what we ask for ( read we as general buyers). Most of the lot are concerned about FE which they achieve by compromising on many factors as we all know. I agree that the MASS reach is wide and vast, however there is a long thread on TBHP which reads " maruthi service is cheap a myth" and its a compilation of tons of posts which show how MASS rips the customers.
    And coming to life we all are bothered about it, we do invest in life insurance premiums, child plans for our little ones, pension schemes etc..,. but unfortunately people are not too much bothered about safety of a car they travel in everyday.
    Also unfortunately Safety comes with a premium in India (top end models), most of the folks do want safety features on their rides but the additional cost pushes them away.
    So the question would actually be what do we want? and things will change when people start thinking what is really important (which for a fact is unlikely, sad but fact).

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  9. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Just want to add 1 thing. One of my friend bought i10, it doesnt have any safety features. I had asked him why cant you go for the top end car, which is having airbags and abs. You know what he said.

"Have you tested airbags in your car, do you know wether they are working fine? :-(

I dont have any words, i decided not to speak anything about fiat with others rather i enjoy my drive. Everytime iam speaking about the FIATS iam getting bashed by my friends.
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    God bless Ignorance and from the bottom of my heart I don't want anyone to be in a situation just to showcase the role of airbags.

Rest mate don't talk about things which folks don't understand or rather do not want to understand save your time and enjoy your drive.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    drknaresh likes this.