1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

After owning a Fiat for 9 months, TD a Swift to see what it offers

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Esakki Sundar, May 16, 2015.

1. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After driving a Punto Emotion for the past 9 months, I was curious enough to know why many people buy Swift. Stepped into a showroom and asked for ZDi test drive. The moment I opened the door I was shocked as it was so flimsy. It had a sudden pickup but the steering was so light. After TD wanted to inspect all the aspect of the car and below are my observation when compared to Punto Emotion

1) Very very light gauge steel
    2) No height adjustable seat
    3) Not enough legroom in rear seat
    4) Very less boot space
    5) Steering was very light and didnt give any confidence
    6) Engine was very quick and responsive
    7) Very cheap plastic, does not give the premium look

I still dont understand what benefit Swift owners are getting compared to FIAT other than wide spread service network? ZDi was costlier by 1.5Lacs when compared to Emotion. What makes people to buy a product which is not worth its price?

The safety, stability, comfort comes only in a Fiat.
    Pradeepms, Tornado, dhinas and 5 others like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Esakki Sundar

Sigh! The market's vast-majority is just :wacky:. Don't be :sour: or :grumpy:, though. Not much can be done about this condition: it is a chronic and irreducible symptom.

;) :p
    Bala and Esakki Sundar like this.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Rightly said @Esakki Sundar, add rattles/squeaks early on in the list for a swift from my side. ;)
    Me thinks, Fiat should actually sack their marketing/advertising team and hire a few folks from TFI who would do much better job for Fiat.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Esakki Sundar Err...I tried my dad's Hyundai eon. Obviously it is a lower priced car but man the steering. I can actually rotate it by a few degrees and the car won't turn.
  5. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just to add, the reason I did a TD of Swift was, I never bothered to do a TD of any other car when I bought Fiat. I never knew there was a site like this. My heart always said Fiat, fiat and booked it. Now after 15,000 kms in 9 months it was the best decision. Had I done TD of multiple cars, probably I must have been confused. With a clear mind the decision is always beat.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I didn't know this and surprised. How come a premium priced hatchback does not even have this basic feature?

Service Network & Better Resale. I don't see any other parameter where Suzuki scores.
  7. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hasn't Fiat service network grown significantly? Why do people still grumble about service network? I still don't understand why people start thinking about resale value soon after they buy.
    sudipz and Tornado like this.
  8. shivangum007

shivangum007 Timido

ambala
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat's cars are the best. But... dont know why they have some minor technical faults eg my car horns suddenly stopped working in middle of the heavy traffic.... low quality music system
  9. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Ride, comfort and driving pleasure in our cars is not comparable at any other car in the segment but Fiat definitely has few niggles. Like the older ones (pre 2014) fit and finish is not up to the mark, plastics not of good quality. Cabin is not well insulated from external smells. I mean one can get the outside 'stink' while in the cabin. Springs and seats make little noise i feel.

Engine wise appears little under powered at times...(at times only!). Driving the car in bumper to bumper traffic is a bit cumbersome (because of of the weight of the car, long gears) but then it may be with other cars as well i suppose!

But none the less it really puts a big smile on your face when you are behind the steering especially when on a long journey. One doesn't get tired at all even after continuous driving. Last week i drove non-stop for 8 and half hrs without any tiredness. Finally i had to stop as i was hungry or else i was ready to go for another hour or two more.
    One doesn't get tired as the control of the car is good, it handles well and so the amount of attention needed is less and thus less stress and fatigue.
  10. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I didn't find any issues driving it in city.

Totally agree with you, have done 10+ hours driving with just one break. Neither me nor the passengers in the car felt tired.