1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

After market hybrid system

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Vikram, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Vikram

Vikram

New Delhi
    Bharat Forge Ltd. & KPIT Cummins have announced a joint venture 4th June 2010, at Delhi for providing ready to deploy Hybrid technology solution to be fitted in Indian automobiles. The system is known as REVOLO – Revolutionary Solution for converting any car from 800 CC to 3000 CC into a parallel hybrid without tampering with the transmission of the car.

Price for this Plug-in, Parallel hybrid sytem starts at Rs 65000/-

http://revolo.kpitcummins.com/about-revolo.htm

:car
  2. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    gr8 news. I would keenly follow up on what comes next on this.

would love to see this being excise exempt coz the benefits it accrues would translate to huge direct and indirect saving for the nation.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Axn

Sir are you from Army ? Your signature shows it.
  4. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    @bhai,

no sir, i run the rails for them and others instead.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    ARAI gave a certification for 40% improvement in FE in test conditions. It would be less than 40% in real life.
    Initial cost to buy is huge and you need to carry 140 kg extra weight of battery in your car.
    But it for sure will bring emissions down which I think is real benefit of this hybrid system.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    this seems interesting. but cng a better solution i guess if you want to save money. and this thing weights too much.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Not only it weighs much, but also the batteries will die off in year or two, so one would be required to replace those 120kgs of batteries, costing a bomb :eek:

Going GREEN costs lots of GREEN ($$$$)