1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise required - Honda City 2012 ot Fiat Linea MJD emotion

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arryan, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    ENKI,

Here are the Autocar figures for 40-100kmph in 4th gear of Linea Diesel and Rapid TDI. Disclaimer - These figures are by Autocar , not me. :)

Linea = 13.64 seconds
    Rapid = 9.70 seconds.

That should settle the mid-range / roll on times question.

Cheers.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Well, ENKI, I haven't driven a Rapid yet. But, based on Sathya's TD inputs, Rapid may be faster than Linea.

I think we are deviating from the topic here. Now that Aryan's choice is going to be between T-Jet and MJD, let us help him to make the final decision :). My suggestion to him - MJD.
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Spot on Ramesh. Rapid will be good in outright and in-gear acceleration. For Ride and handling, even though it is "WAY BETTER" than the Vento, it can't hold a handle near the Linea. No questions asked. But, its not a boat either (like the Verna). To the fact, I felt Vento's handling also bad.. may be slightly better than the Verna.

If you straight away ask me - What will I buy if I have another 10L (basically if am left with Linea and Rapid as the only choices), I WILL BUY A LINEA any day over the RAPID, simply because Handling is of UTMOST importance to me.

So Enki, the point that self and Ramjn were making was, Rapid is also a good contender to Linea if you can take a car with slightly lower dynamics (dont read this as poor dynamics).. While Rapid is not as good as the Linea, its not bad either. It depends on what you want from the car

If its quick acceleration in start and stop traffic, its Rapid all the way (handling may not play a major role here);
    If its a long highway spin where you want to MAINTAIN higher speeds (>140 types) CONSISTENTLY, its the Linea. Rapid is clearly not a safe car here.
    If its a long highway spin where you want to do bursts of higher speeds (>140 types) just for the fun of it (once in a while, if you want to out muscle other cars), Rapid will do the job.. so its about want you want finally. :)

Every car has a strength and we got to recognize the same and give due credits.

Now Arryan, My suggestion to you - GO FOR THE MJD. Its an awesome car and you will never regret the choice. T-Jet, if Petrol costs do not bother you or you have a lot of money to burn :)
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    4 people like this.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

pls read autocars 0-100 timings for linea MJD. Its 18 secs.
    Still if someone want to trust them, pls do so.
    It's negligibly faster to 90HP, i don't believe it for Linea at all but hey, i am not contradicting anyone.
    Everyone knows FIAT never had media favor.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. Autocar is notorious for the 0-100 timings :D.
    I am damn sure that Linea can do 0-100 in 13-14 seconds max.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Autocar lists the Linea Diesel's 0-100 as 15.xx seconds, not 18.

The purpose of my posting the Rapid in gear times was to present a clear picture in every aspect to the prospective buyer. We at TFI do not discriminate, nor we keep any bias against any brand.

If something is better than the other in some respect, then so be it. Blind fanboyism , as i have repeatedly stressed, leads to nowhere.

Any more discussions not related to the thread will/can carry on in the OT thread.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Many thanks to Satya, Ramjn, Enki, Gurjinder and all the others who have contributed with their valuable suggestions.

I dont want to streach the search any more and freinds I have finally decided for the Linea MJD Emotion (2012). Colour is yet to be decided and I think I will leave that for my family to decide. One reason for the MJD, as Sathya said, I do not have a lot of money to burn, so forget TJet for the time being.

I have seen many hot topics erupt in the thread and being settled. I would like to say that Rapid definitely handles better than the City and maybe Vento also due to its suspension, and it has a powerful but noisy engine than the linea but the rapid's handling does not match with the Linea. Moreover I found it to be a very basic car with no features as VW has purposefully placed it way below the Vento in the market. When you move with your family in the highways, stabily handling and safety are of utmost importance than instant acceleration, so FIAT LINEA MJD is the winner at the end of the day. Another important thing that I have experienced is that the owner's feedback carries more weightage (for me) than what the auto mags say about the car. I dont say they are crap but the tend to have biased opinion about certain cars/companies.

This will be the first Fiat in my family as I have driven AMB MK IV, Maruti 800 and Santro all these years.

Before I end this thread I would like to have the price of the MJD Emotion (2012) in other parts of the country at present. My dealer has offered me 10.14L OTR with free insurance, 2+2 years extd. warranty and 50 months RSA and basic freebies like mats, mudflaps, perfume and idol. I think having the reverse sensors from the dealer would be good proposition. Any comments friends on this issue and what would be the cost.
    6 people like this.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    That is a very mature and wise decision Arryan. :up

Looking forward to the delivery and Ownership experience.

Cheers.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ask for a discount for antirust coating. Your decision has saved the thread from diverting to off topic. There is a thread dedicated to different colours of Linea and Punto in TFI. It will help your family to decide. Good luck.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Congrats Aryaan, Well, what do i says, you get the delivery, drive it & experience it to know it, how terribly these Gems are underrated & how overrated some of the very avg. stuff is. Thanks, we could end this in favor of FIAT.

Gurjinder, Where is my post where i pasted URL for Linea MJD review by autocar & it's 0-100 timings of 18.54 secs. That's not off topic by any stretch of imagination in context of this thread. You have deleted that & kept above comment of yours which is actually incorrect? Sure you can because you have the delete button:mrgreen:..!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.