1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise required - Honda City 2012 ot Fiat Linea MJD emotion

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arryan, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Your observations are spot on Aryan. I would suggest you MJD instead of Tjet. The financial benefit you will have is substantially more with a slight compromise on extreme performance. MJD is very frugal & you can have all the fun of the world at cheapest rates. With 1300 KMs/month, you are destined save more than Rs. 4000 / month.
    Choice is your's obviously & you are the winner for both sides of the coin. It doesn't matter whether you land down in an MJD or a JETtttt:cool.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Aryan,

TFIan Ansal11 is having a Tjet+ in Delhi. He regularly achieves 15kmpl in Delhi traffic and much more on the highway ( if driven so). I have personally seen these figures on his car, otherwise i wouldn't have believed them either. So, when driven right, the Jet can be as efficient as many lesser powered cars. And when you give it the beans, it'll bring a wide smile on your face.

That said, the Multijet Linea is a very capable cruiser on the highways. You'll be amazed at what a 'tiny' 1248cc engine can do. Plus, when you factor in the lower running costs of diesel and the superb efficiency of the Multijet, it's a win-win situation.

My vote goes to the Multijet. I'm too biased towards diesels.

Cheers.
  3. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Aryan,

Please do a TD of Skoda Rapid diesel before finalizing your car. It's newer, has a more powerful engine, rides and handles well, and priced well too.

Except for the Skoda horror ASS stories, I don't find any other fault with this car. Do check it out.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Huh? one with skinny tires & bulgy bum like Dzire?
    You are comparing that to a Linea MJD & that's also on handling & control aspects??
    your basis for deciding so early?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Skoda Rapid is good car. No doubt that. But, when compared with Linea, the maintenance cost of Skoda will be too high.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    I drove the Rapid extensively to find that the handling is good and there is a good balance between ride and handling unlike the vento. Only issue is that for some reason you dont get the big car and solid feel in the Rapid. and the A** service is horrible and a VERY VERY EXPENSIVE AFFAIR.. Otherwise in the diesel, its a good contender to the Linea. The midrange in Rapid will simply blow you out. I am telling this after back to back drives with the Tjet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Linea has more than enough under it's hood that India will ever need. Still it's surprising to me Satya & Ramjn pampering Rapide here. I haven't driven it but basic dynamics (thin small tires etc.) are not sufficient to challenge Linea.

May be i am wrong but one moment where i saw Rapide really getting tested, i was not left with a good impression. Since you people are concluding so, i am in a fix. If it is performing like Linea in handling/control depts. with more powerful 1.6 engine, it's Rapide all the way. Lets forget about Linea/City then, Rapide is clearly better car here.
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Dear Arryan,
    you have made a mistake,you should have asked honda forum.

just kidding,all the best for your hunt
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are absolutely right here.

No. I didn't recommend Rapid over Linea. I haven't TD'ed a Rapid yet. But, thinking on the lines of Vento, Rapid should be a better choice than Vento.

For in-gear acceleration - Rapid->Linea
    Price Advantage - Linea->Rapid
    Ride & Handling - Linea->Rapid
    Looks - Linea->Rapid
    Maintenance Cost - Linea->Rapid (I mean to say Rapid is expensive to maintain)
    Spares cost - Linea->Rapid (I mean to say Skoda parts are super expensive)

Sathya paid Rs. 1.2k for a minor dent repair for his Linea. Had it been a Skoda, it would not have been less than Rs. 4k for sure.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Well, i am under-shock that Rapid can withstand the same kind of whiplashes that Linea's fantastic suspension & it's massive 16 inch wheels can take. I think you should correct it here Ramjn, Rapide is just another flickering in the background not some flash light. I don't even think it's faster than Linea MJD based on real time side by side comparison through it's midrange. May be those shoves feel more violent in Rapid & the same in Linea would be felt just like MJD. You know Chassis (speed masking) matters a lot. Same MJD's feels like it will break the back bone in Swifts.

By the way, i will not argument on this further. My conclusion is very simple no matter which way we bend it. I personally believe that Linea/Punto platform crosses C/C++ boundaries & just raid into entry level D segment. It's so heavily over engineered & It's purely me who is entitled to this view.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.