1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise required - Honda City 2012 ot Fiat Linea MJD emotion

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arryan, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Gurjinder & ramj: Thanks for correction. haven't driven MJD much. In petrol 1.4 the second gear serve all practical purposes but at higher speed in second gear it reaches the limit much earlier, urging for third gear. But nobody need not to go to that limit unless one is racing the car. I would have avoided the last statement :D
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Some feel ANHC is great to drive and has a good resale value,
    My Question is Y do you think of a resale, RU buying a car to sell it?????
    Just take the LINEA and the ANHC on the Testdrive where you have a good Speed Bumps and pothole and also cruise it on the Highways with the curves, For sure you will not need any advice, You might just enjoy the Italian Beauty.
    For sure, If you ask any ANHC owner they will say go for it, and asking any FIATians they will give you the + and - of the Linea first. and let you to decide on your own,
    *** Fiat becomes younger the more you drive****
    Hope you finalize the Great Car for you, and join us in the forum with the Beauty.:dancing
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I have driven ANHC many times, and the very next moment i take my Linea MJD out, I can find few pros and cons in both. Will mention a few here.

* ANHC is fun to drive in the city. It's sportier than MJD inside the city with traffic. But after all it's a petrol vs a diesel.

* ANHC is roomier than LINEA in front row. But 3 adults at back is bit of a squeeze in ANHC.

* Perfect positioning of the steering wheel in ANHC.

* Performance: Of-course, i-Vtec is better than MJD. Offers better driveablity and refinement, and you have the option of paddle shifters in AT version of the ANHC. But if you are looking for only Petrol, then do TD the T-JET. Performance will be so close between T-JET and i-Vtec. You'll definitely enjoy the Turbo effect in T-Jet, so should be kind of fun when driving. But the i-Vtec is also a gem of an engine. You can revv it like anything!!!

* Ride quality and Handling, no need to say much, Linea both T-jet and MJD is better than ANHC.

* Features, Linea is filled with goodies, including FPS (Fire Prevention System) et all. ANHC lacks many.

* Ground-clearance, Linea now definitely offers better GC.

* And regarding mileage, MJD tops! No doubt on that. I have got maximum of 27.2 kmpl with average speed of 73kmph! Do note the average speed!

If you are looking for diesel car, look for Linea MJD or the Rapid Tdi.

If petrol, look for T-jet or the ANHC AT!

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Definitely yes!!! My 2009 MJD easily picks up in 2nd gear even from less than 10kph.!!! And it's kind of fun when you revv it, unless someone notices the black smoke coming behind when the rpm is maxed out in 2nd! :)
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

DO rev. the engine at times as it also clears out the carbon deposited.

By the way as expected, Everyone is suggesting is Linea MJD/Tjet & it should be, no doubt. But it doesn't mean VTEC ANHC is all that bad. I won't ever try to test it's ability/handling/control/balance@high speeds in floating traffic, Never! Surely it will kill, no two opinions. Same is very common & much like routine with FIAT's so it comes without even trying it.

But one thing i am sure of. It has got one hell of an engine down it's hood. I haven't had the privilege of driving a Tjet but Altis/Civic/Cruze/Verna's hence i conclude at last.
    I loved it's 1.5 VTEC. I am suspected about it's frugality & endurance in comparative heavier vehicles but with 2 occupants, This new ANHC in a straight line on an isolated stretch is a BOMBbbb..!! It's such Rev. happy machine that it has my favor to be best petrol i have ever driven till date. I liked it's growl & those butterflies in stomach when it's pedal is floored, more than Civics/Altis any day in any aspect what so ever. But again Right engine with a wrong car:A! I am personally very interested for T jet to drive as it's clearly Tjet vs Vtec for me now. I don't have the habit of loosing memories of good drive i had, doesn't matter if it's an era passed:cool.

Still a pretty surprising conclusion, One would be easily faster in a Linea MJD/Tjet or even in FIRE in real life condition:mrgreen:. MJD will always stuck to the boot of VTEC though, won't be out-counted by any means, if we are talking about engines. But even slight betterment over MJD's performance is astonishing IMO because MJD is damn fast!

By the way, where the thread owner is lost:confused:???
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    @ Arryan: (If still undecided)

Linea over City, for a simple reason as you have written that you love driving, so my point is totally based on handling and ride comfort.

I over budgeted myself just because i loved linea's handling, safety features, looks, goodies over duckling(dzire) that was in my budget. And like you Resale was never on mind.

We have a Honda city in our family too, but it has never wooed me towards it like Linea.

As for purchase decision, you will find every owner justifying his/her purchase decision by downgrading other products (eg, service, Quality etc etc), but in TeamFiat owners talk facts. We do acknowledge -ives as well.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ENKI - I need to say here that I have driven both ANHC and T-Jet and T-Jet is one heck of the machine. It is the best petrol sedan I have driven till date. It can smoke out every other vehicle on road once the turbo is in action. No comparison to T-Jet in the C segment.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I completely agree with ramjn. I have driven TJets from multiple showrooms. Some TJets were not agile as others and this was only due to bad maintenance. Those TJets that were well maintained can give any petrol car under 15 lacs (except for Laura TSI) a run for their money
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I've driven the i-vtec city on more than one occasion and what strikes you the most is the disconnect between the car and the driver. I took it to the redline to see what prowess the engine has , but it left me feeling like - :???:

It's like a robot.

The i-vtec city is a full on Point A to Point B car.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It seems i really sound awkward by not driving a Tjet.
    Let me check it asap, i have heard too many people totally floored by t jet now.

But where is Aryan:A?
  10. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Dear ENKI,
    I am not lost but taking note of everything that is going on in this thread.
    Well about City and Tjet, I can simply say that Tjet is better. I have TD City thrice on bad roads and Highways. First time I was thrilled by the Vtec engine and almost finalised my car. But when Linea came into the competition I have TD City Twice against the Tjet and MJD respectively for I was not willing the City to loose the battle as it was a dream car for me (already mentioned in the first post). After lot of resistance within me I have now discarded the CITY in favour of the Linea.
    The Tjet is a sort of addiction, that is my personal feeling. Once the turbo comes into play, the acceleration has no match. I have TD the TJet on a highway for a 20Km streach and my son was thrilled to see the speedo cross 100, then 120 upto 140 when I put on a hard brake to check the braking. There was no noise except for wind noise (from the front windows) and the whistle of the turbo. But again I had to restrain my heart. With my usage of 1300+KM (I am certain that this is going to increase when I have such an excellent car at my disposal) and with the increasing cost of petrol in India, my mind says MJD Emotion is the car for me.
    Finally the choise is not between the City and Linea any more, it is Linea vs. Linea now, MJD or Tjet.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.