1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise required - Honda City 2012 ot Fiat Linea MJD emotion

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arryan, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Honda city? That baby made by tin metal?
    Forget it man.

Even 1.2 Punto has more punch than Honda.
    Linea is very far ahead in all field as mentioned Vijay Khasa.
    2 people like this.
  2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Since I had booked online for TD of T Jet about 3 weeks back, I put a mail at the CEO's desk at Fiat. The reaction was instant and the territory sales incharge contacted me the very next day for a suitable time for the TD. I also received a mail from Fiat HQ. I was shocked to know later that the TD vehicle came from 250KM just for me. The vehicle was mindblowing, a frugal beast, I should say. The power and acceleration was rocking and it amused my ten year old son. Even a freind, who owns a City did a TD with me and he was really impressed. After the TD, my only concerns are

a. One year old vehicle.
    b. Mileage, as we both got 10.3 and 10.7 respectively. With my usage I felt that the diesel would be more suitable.

At the end of the day I felt very embarassed that I put some people to trouble and I had to reject the vehicle. But the dealer was kind hearted and had no issues with this.

Some day, if I can afford to maintain two cars, then one of them would most certainly be the TJet, offcourse if the vehicle is available for sale in India at that point of time.

I think all roads are focussing towards the 1.3 MJD Emotion for me. Service for Linea is generally OK at my place and nobody has complained much about it. I have 2 Lineas and 2 Puntos in my neighbourhood and I have talked with them.
    3 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    This is very good thing you did.
    Some service centers are not up-to the mark, but majority are ok.

Yes and it makes more economic sense. And with new models (2012), MJD also has same features as T-Jet, like tyres, interiors etc.
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Go for Linea MJD EPK... You wont regret ever after... :up
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Hi Arryan, looking at your usage, diesel would result in cost savings. But if you are still talking about City, then maybe you also have some faith in the adage - "There is more to life than kmpl (or Rs/km)". The TJet+ FE is almost the same as that of the City. I sincerely believe that TJet+ is the IDEAL Petrol car in this segment.
    So, I would suggest you choose between the TJet+ and the MJD rather than City and Linea. To reiterate some points:
    - Lineas are the safest cars with respect to preventive safety measures. They are the quickest at braking, esp. the Tjet with 4 disc brakes. And they offer the class leading ride, handling and steering which means more control over the car. Add to that EBD and ABS.
    - Lineas with their thick sheet metal and pillars are the safest cars to be in once an accident happens.
    - Linea's suspension is legendary provides the most comfortable ride for drivers and passengers alike on any road surface.

Btw, the Tjet+ engine is completely imported, if that makes a difference in your choice. :)

Ravi, I take offence at this statement! :mad:
    Seriously, TJet+ is about as refined and a lot more torqy than the ivtec. A City would usually find itself behind a Tjet on a straight good road; on anything else, it wouldn't even be able to compete.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  6. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

@abk - Good point...anytime T-Jet will be better than city, forget city I can beat civic anytime any day. I think what Ravi meant here is to compare petrol vs petrol as that would be best comparable for performance...
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I would still suggest the TJet. It is one mean machine you will never regret and beats guts off the competition
  8. sungoa2010

Please refer ramj and satha_sc's ownership threads. The Linea MJD is not less than city in terms performance. City has advantage only on initial rpm were MJD is slightly lower. But once it picks up speed it is fast car. I think MJD will sure to have a better average speed than city in real road conditions. T jet is class above city in all real life situations.
    At the end of the day what is important is average speed. Those 1st gear and second gears are not at all important.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The second gear of the Linea Multijet is criticized much for no reason. Slot it in second, punch it and off it goes. Just like any other car. Not you sungoa, but I wonder why everyone is after the second gear with knives and clubs. :)
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I completely agree with gurjinder. The fun in Linea MJD starts from 2nd gear. The argument of of 2nd gear being useless is false.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.