1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise on Paid Service

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by KKK, Sep 27, 2017.

1. KKK

KKK Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    HI Team,

I own a Punto - MJD Active model, it is 3.6 Yrs old with KM reading 27KM. Planning to do my first paid service in FIAT Service Center Madurai TN.

Kindly advise me on the things to be changed or checked in this service.

Thanks,
    Karthik

2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Aren't you late on getting your 45k/3 years servicing? I see that the running is low still you should have followed the service interval. Do you have extended warranty?

Have you got the major fluids (coolant, transmission oil, steering oil etc) changed that are required to be changed at every 2 years/60k kms?

Kindly check the service manual to know what all needs to be changed/checked in the service.

3. moksh

moksh Superiore

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    @KKK I would not suggest you to go to Fiat Service Center as you will be doing your 4 years/60k kms you will be forced to change all the belts and timing change which will make your bill roughly 20k atleast. On my personal experience I have changed my timing chain and other belts after 6 years when my car clocked 55k kms and the belts and chain were still good but was told it can break due to rust because its been 6 years +. If you have good service center around your area then you can service there with good engine oil and still the bill wont cross 10k.