1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise on oil change for my Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Anirudh, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Anirudh

Anirudh Novizio

Mumbai
    mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello evry body, I intend to change my engine oil and other lubricants from my mech. Is there a tryed and tested brand of oil specifically for the tjet. I was sujested the motul 4100 power 5w30 semi synthetic oil by a fellow fiat friend, I would like to know what are the other brands of oil i could use.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Stick to Selenia K if Motul Xcess 8100 (5w - 40 fully synthetic) is not available.
  3. Anirudh

Anirudh Novizio

Mumbai
    mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Selenia is not avalible easily outside besids these two stated is there any other company. What about castrol
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Motul mentioned above is good. Also make sure if you are using 5w 30 grade oil then stick to that in future. Don't jump thickness between 30 and 40. 30 grade will help in giving better FE but have slight tradeoff of film thickness for engine protection esp. on a worn engine. So if you don't want to take any chance whatsoever and esp. if you dont have high running a 40 grade oil like company suggest is best compromise for protection vs fuel efficiency. Basically while choosing oil if you can get an oil above HTHS rating of 3.5 or better it helps the engine protect that much more better before it deteriorates by friction wear or contamination. Big issue is finding such data of oils.
  5. Anirudh

Anirudh Novizio

Mumbai
    mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thax a lot guys your advise was verry helpful. But now im in a delima. Motul has the Xces and the prime and out of the two the prime is chaper. And knowing motul personally i know its not possible for the product to be a duplicate, I could vouch for Motul & Petronas not any other company. Plus I would want to take a call based on the intrest of my engine. I have been using the selinia till date and would want an changeover to an diffrent brand. I just have stared to use the car and on an average my monthly running is around 2k. I was even adviced by the shop keepers abkut 0w40 castrols. Who knows may be they are just trying to push a product with better margines. Pls do advise on the same
  6. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Best would be stick to Seleni, it is Fiat recommended. Plus it is readily available in service centers.
  7. Anirudh

Anirudh Novizio

Mumbai
    mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    I took the leap and changed the oil to shell helix ultra 5w40 lets see how it works for me