1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise on buying pre-owned 2011 Linea MJD Emotion Pack

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ndkamath, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ndkamath

ndkamath

Friends, I am planning to buy a used Linea MJD and have come across a May 2011 Emotion pack model run only 15000 Kms at ask price of Rs. 7 lacs. The owner is having loan with a bank. I am going to check the service record of the car with my friend at Tata service center tomorrow, but not sure if it has completed the 1st service. I have not yet checked the vehicle in person, but my friend at tata service will join me next week for this.

I would need expert advice from members on this on the following points:
    1) Is this a good price?
    2) How to deal with the loan situation? What is the safe method to get it transferred in my name?
    3) How do I check if there is any accident history especially if it is not done through authorised service center.
    4) Any other point that I should need to consider.

Ideally I would have gone for the new Linea, but considering the uncertainty around Fiat, I do not want to take that risk, but can settle with well maintained used Linea for just for pleasure of driving it. I plan to keep the car for another 2-3 years with annual run of 20K.

Thank you in advance for valuable inputs
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Hi ndkamath - welcome aboard.

The price is very good, considering it's only one year old.
    The seller will have to give you an NOC from his bank.
    There is very little to check accident history, but you can look inside for some visible damages or recent paint jobs etc.
  3. It is a very good decision you took to buy Linea,the price quoted is not bad try to bargain a little.But as a to be second owner following things you should know:1)why is the owner selling the car so young??2)he took a loan that means he intended to keep it for long,so why is he selling now?3)the loan he has to clear first show you the NOC from bank,then only you should go for it.Even after paying the ballanced amount if he shows that the balance to be paid to the bank is nill and his loan is closed will be mentioned in the letter,as the NOC takes atleast a month to come,which you will be needing to register the car.3)in case of accidents and any repairing work done from outside it will be hard to catch,but you can take the car to service centre of your choice or a well known mechanic and ask for their suggestion(give them some extra cash or reward and they will be more than willing to help)4)check for the tyre life and see to it that the meter has not been tampered with...5)check the battery.6)paint jobs done from outside can be made out by professional painters,so you can take their help aswell7)now all the above points might be totally false,and the car is indeed a sweet deal.Linea at that price is really a mouth watering deal,so if you really love the car after checking all the above points,just close your eyes and go for it.(well literally)choose wisely,hope to see you share your experiences with us TFI'ans soon.Best of luck
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    1yr old Linea MJD Emotion Pack for 7 lakhs is a steal. I would definitely recommend you to go for it. You can speak to the bank where the person got his loan from to transfer the existing loan (provided the outstanding amount is the same or less than 7 lakhs).
  5. ndkamath

ndkamath

Thanks Linear, Arnab, Kiran. The owner wanted to sell the vehicle because he is moving out of country. In fact, he has already moved out. The car is with his friend and and I understand that the owner has signed all the papers before he left the country. I have a feeling that this is going to be tricky and i need to be extra careful with the transfer if I decide to go with this car. Transfer of loan in my name looks like a better option for me, but not sure how things will proceed since the owner is not here. I am planning to have a look at the car coming Sunday. Best part is that I will be accompanied by Tata service center person who actually services Fiat cars.

I am also going to have a look at June 2010 MJD Epack with 25000KM on Odo. No expectation on the price set by owner yet. What do you think is a good buy price for this assuming the car condition is good?

I understand that Post launch of T-Jet all Lineas have better interior plastics carried over from T-Jet. Is this information correct?

Thanks again.
  6. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    Full option Linea MJD 2011 model for 7 lacs is really mouth watering !! what was the OTR price?
  7. ndkamath

ndkamath

Thanks Linear, Arnab, Kiran. The owner wanted to sell the vehicle because he is moving out of country. In fact, he has already moved out. The car is with his friend and and I understand that the owner has signed all the papers before he left the country. I have a feeling that this is going to be tricky and i need to be extra careful with the transfer if I decide to go with this car. Transfer of loan in my name looks like a better option for me, but not sure how things will proceed since the owner is not here. I am planning to have a look at the car coming Sunday. Best part is that I will be accompanied by Tata service center person who actually services Fiat cars.

I am also going to have a look at June 2010 MJD Epack with 25000KM on Odo. No expectation on the price set by owner yet. What do you think is a good buy price for this assuming the car condition is good?

I understand that Post launch of T-Jet all Lineas have better interior plastics carried over from T-Jet. Is this information correct?

Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Do not know what was the OTR, but now the OTR is 10.8 Lac for 2012 Dynamic (equivalent to Emo pack in 2011)
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Dynamic 2012 = Emo Pack in 2011 ? Very confusing.
    I think now Linea 2012 is available as Active , Dynamic and Emotion in order of low to higher variant.
    When I bought my Linea in 2009 there were many variants but I remember active, dynamic, emotion, emotion pack was the order where emotion pack was top end with all features. In 2011 was there any change ?
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I guess the 10.8 Lac OTR is for Emotion (Top end version). Here in Hyderabad it is 11.0 Lac OTR.

According to my understanding
    2012 Active = 2011 Active + Dynamic
    2012 Dynamic = 2011 Emotion + Some extra features
    2012 Emotion = 2011 Emotion Pack
    1 person likes this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    it is a good buy .. But also pay careful attention to the outstanding loan amount and the insurance .
    If the insurance due date is anywhere close to you're date of purchase from the owner then you can bargain further.