1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise needed on Chennai-Wayanad trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by arunk, Oct 22, 2012.

1. arunk

arunk

Chennai
    Dear Friends,

I'm planning for a road trip to wayanad from chennai during next month Diwali holidays (Nov 10th - 14th). I'm so excited about the travel since this is going to be my first long distance trip (more than 1000kms of drive) in my 1.3 MJD GP with my family (myself & my wife). I'm into the initial research about the place, stay etc. for last one week although I have been to wayanad once previously in 2008 with my friends as a bachelor ;) which i enjoyed pretty much.

I'm thinking of breaking my trip into two, Chennai ----> Mysore and Mysore ---> Wayanad where I can spend a day at Mysore and then a couple of nights at Wayanad. I have gone through few of our Tfian's travelogue to wayanad and most of them are from Bangalore. So seeking our experts help here on my planning my itinerary from CHENNAI ---> WAYANAD. Also I'm planning to have my driving only on day time's and not on night especially because it is with my family. Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Arun
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  3. arunk

arunk

Chennai
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    For stay look at Blooms Green, Kenichira. I can provide reference if required, it's absolute home away from home and food was awesome including hospitality. Check the review on Tripadvisor, can get some discounts as well.

Let me know if you need more info. Please don't miss Banasura dam and boating in it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. arunk

arunk

Chennai
    Thanks teky. Are you talking about this one , Blooms. I was considering Fourseasons Homestay which again on good reviews from TripAdvisor and on one of my friends reference who stayed there. Again i haven't confirmed it yet, so I can very well consider your choice if it suits. Also can you suggest the route to be taken to and from, I'm thinking of the route which ramjin has mentioned (Bangalore-Kanakapura-Mysore-Hunsur-Nagarhole-Tholpatty-Kattikulam) in his travelogue although I don't have any idea on that route.

Thanks,
    Arun
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I heard Good reviews about Four seasons, but considered this because of the Organic farm and the size of this estate. In fact the resort I'm talking about is this and not the one you posted.

I would suggest whatever Ramjn has suggested. Please don't take the Mysore - Kanakapura road which goes via Mallavali. It's in horrible stage and I had tough time crossing it. My onwards was from Ooty to Wayanad and hence took Chennai - Salem - Avinashi - Metupalayam - Ooty - Sulthan Bathery - Kenichira.
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Rippon Mount Resort

Above is one of the best places u can stay in Wayanad..

Simply take B'lore ->Mysore->Nanjangud->Gundlupet->Wayanad route...roots are very good..less traffic after mysore...

DOn't try kanakpura option and all...
  8. arunk

arunk

Chennai
    Thanks teky. I contacted the person you referenced he very well remembers you as well :) Currently they have 2N+1N complimentary offers going on and I have read some very good reviews as well in Trip Advisor. So almost decided with my stay here.

Thanks for the reply puntosat - As you said I'm planning to take the most common route Chennai -> B'lore ->Mysore->Nanjangud->Gundlupet->Wayanad.

Also any suggestions for a night stay at Mysore. I have shortlisted few like Hotel Siddhartha, Shree Guru Residency, Parklane Hotel. Any suggestions.
  9. arunk

arunk

Chennai
    Friends,

Any suggestions for a decent night stay budget hotel in Mysore.

Thanks,
    Arun
  10. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    i was planning for wayanad in december and my onward plan is chennai- bhavani- sathyamangalam- ooty - gudalur-sulthan bathery- wayanad and my return would be wayanad-gundulpet-chamrajanagar-sathyamangalam-bhavani- chennai.

I have tried this route twice and I just wanted to skip karnataka because of my halt at bhavani.