1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise needed for 4k kms travel with Punto

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sam, Aug 22, 2011.

1. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys, do we have an official route query thread on TFI?
    I have loads of questions on a trip i am planning to Jaisalmer from Bangalore during August 2013.

Can somebody say whether August is the good time to visit Udaipur,Jodhpur, Jaisalmer?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Rajasthan is always hot irrespective of any months.
    Visiting rajasthan is on our cards, but only in dec-feb according to our plan..
    If you are driving from bangalore, drive through ahmedabad-mt abu(good place to stay overnight)-udaipur..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Upon searching, I could find that winter is the right time to visit the state.
    I got to attend a family function at Barmer during August and would like to club it with the visit to Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Mount Abu.
    If the day time temperatures are too unbearable for sight seeing during August I may need to fly up and down and skip the drive plan.
    Somebody can share whats the usual pattern of monsoon in that area?
    I will soon open a query thread for route & accommodation info.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  5. Have been to rajsthan in summer aswell as winter..no doubt winter is more pleasant for the usual sightseeings and stuffs.
    Rajsthan is so beautiful that we didnt mind the extra heat which we had to bear for the sightseeings..

Try to cover most of the roads during night when in rajasthan, and keep daytime solely for sightseeings.

If possible continue with your plan of driving down, it will be a an excellent experience provided the roads from bangalore to rajasthan are simply awesome..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.