1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advise for Radio Reception in Linea Diesel Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Anand Watwe, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Anand Watwe

Anand Watwe Timido

Hi,

I have Linea emotion Diesel (Old variant) which I purchased in Nov 2013. While I love the car and am extremely satisfied till now having done almost 15K Km's. The one thing that is disappointing is the poor radio reception.
    Reception to any FM band is good till about 20 to 25 kilometers from the city. Once we go beyond the reception is extremely poor. I had an Indica and a Figo before and I never had any issue with the radio reception for quite a decent range.

Any suggestions or advise on how this could be solved would be welcome.

Anand Watwe
    bharath likes this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You can probably get better reception with a product called as Blaupunkt Auto pro antenna.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Which is the model suitable for Linea? I would want to invest in such an antenna. I too love radio, Linea's reception is weak.

4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Absolutely agree with Anand.It is so poor that we tend to turn off the radio very often.Thanks for reminding by opening this thread.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    I am feeling the same problem. My wagon R is having great reception outside the city but in Linea there is disturbance noice in city limits also.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I suppose this one will work. The Sony HU in Linea Dynamic and the older JVC antenna behind the mirror type has been sufficient for the most part. I guess this one produced by Blaupunkt was later sold by Bosch. Installation is bit tricky and comes with a manual. It is supposed to be an active antenna. Any active (electronic) antenna should do.

Read some favorable reviews online. Saw one in a shop for about Rs. 1 or 1.5k dont remember. Confused if the shark fin antenna would look and work well or if it will be too much hassle.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for the info. However, do you know the real part number or at least version no of the product? It's to do research.
    What I would ideally like is to turn and remove the antenna from Linea and put the new one instead.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I have not observed much problem in my Linea. The reception range is same as it was with my old M800.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @limraj, some sellers claim to sell those sharkfin types etc. as found on bimmers but I am not sure how well these work. Unless it has an active circuitry like the one in Bosch or Blaupunkt Autofun Pro, I might not fiddle with the antenna. Besides the external antenna should be left as it is IMHO unless for different looks like a sharfin antenna. Removing pin from player and installing another one like an Autofun Pro can be useful.