1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advice Required

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by arun.k14, Oct 15, 2013.

1. arun.k14

arun.k14

bangalore
    HI,
    I had booked a Fiat Linea TJet Dynamic Version a week ago in Bangalore. However, In the office I came to know that I will be transferred in few weeks time .

I am bit reluctant to cancelling the booking hence I would like to know the following .

• if I buy a new car in Karnataka and with temporary registration take it to Tamilnadu for permanent registration?
    • If Yes, what will be new charges incurred for the same (entry tax ) etc ?

Kindly help

Regards,
    Arun
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would suggest to cancel booking in Bangalore and book it in Chennai.
  3. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Whatever Ravi has suggested is a good option.
    Book a new one in Chennai where you can get more discounts than Banngalore which can save you reasonable amount.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Consider this as well :
    if you are not likely to return back to Karnataka in next few years then don't buy in KA, reason you will pay highest road tax in the country
    if not then buy in KA and also pay TN road tax.
    for that you will need to obtain NOC and if you are going for loan then a letter stating that they don't have objection in taking the vehicle out of state permanently.
  5. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    There is an other option of paying road tax yearly instead of paying life time. But this option is limited for central govt employees . We need to provide a proof to R.T.O saying "Job is transferable all over India" this i got info from my friend who had taken this option 6years back (as he is a central govt employee). But i am not sure if this option is still present and also if our friendly R.T.O obliges to Non Govt Letterhead proofs.