1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advice needed - Thane-Bijapur-Badami-Bijapur-Thane

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ghodlur, Dec 15, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi All,

Need advice on the travel route. The itinerary is as follows:

1) Dec 25 - Travel to Pune, rest at Inlaws place
    2) Dec 26 - Travel to Bijapur. Take either the Pune-Solapur-Bijapur route or Pune-Sangli-Athani-Bijapur route. The latter is slightly lesser travel in terms of kms and time. But I have heard that Pune-Solapur stretch is the best based on road condition and easily doable in 3-3.5 hrs. Would like to know the road condition from Solapur to Bijapur. OR how is the former route? Peth naka to Sangli via Islampur is pothole ridden or bad roads as i have heard? How about the stretch from Sangli to Athani? The idea is to reach Bijapur latest by 2 pm (Starting from Pune at 6 or 7 am)
    3) Dec 27 - Bijapur - Badami - Aihole - Pattadakal - Bijapur. How are these stretches? Any bad roads.
    4) Dec 28 - Bijapur sight seeing
    5) Dec 29 - Bijapur-Solapur - Akkalkot-Solapur-Pune. Is this doable or taking rest at Solapur is advisable?
    6) Dec 30 - Pune-Thane.

I am booked at Hotel Pearl in Bijapur. Need expert advice on following:
    1)Petrol pumps in Bijapur (reliable ones) on Solapur-Bijapur or Solapur-Pune stretches?
    2) Offline maps which are reliable (as I dont have a data card:p)
    3) Good & reliable mobile chargers for car.

Any recent updates on the roads in the above mentioned routes would be very helpful. I will travelling with my wife and kid.

Planning to get the WA/WB done for the Punto before embarking on this trip. Any other tips would be helpful.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    26 views and not a single response. Is the route jinxed or something?

People who have recently travelled on this route - kindly update.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can easily do it from Pune Sangli Miraj kagwad athani Bijapur.If you start from pine 6 am you will reach miraj by 10 30 or 11 am.From Miraj Bijapur is 3 hours with the given day traffic.
    Its been long for me as well on this route. Roads should be good and easily doable.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Girish have you started the journey?
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    No, plan cancelled. Am presently shuttling between Thane & Hiranandani Hospital Powai.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Updating this thread after a long pause.

A few teaser pics. Rest will follow.

P_20151228_170440.jpg

P_20151228_170409.jpg

P_20151228_170418.jpg

P_20151228_170426.jpg
    Ganges likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Feeling too lazy to pen down my travelogue hence writing mainlyt about the road conditions.

Thane to Pune via Thane Belapur Road and Pune E way- Excellent. Total distance 170 kms.

Pune to Solapur via NH9: Road condition till Solapur is 4 laned and very good. Except for a patch near Tembhurni where the 4 laning is still in progress and the traffic is diverted to a 2 laned road. After Temburni also there is a small patch of about 4-5 kms where the road becomes 2 laned. After which it is smooth ride till Solapur. There are 5 toll booths till Solapur and total cost of toll is approx 250 rupees. Total distance 248 kms

Solapur to Bijapur: Road condition is OK and not so great with some patched extremely good and some extremely bad. Again road is 2 laned and overtaking becomes risky. Total distance is 98 kms. No tolls.

Bijapur to Badami: Road condition is good with some patches around villages too bumpy. 2 laned road and good to drive. Total distance is 120 kms. No tolls.

Badami to Pattadakal to Aihole: Extremely broken roads. Takes a toll on the car. Goes through a no of villages and no smooth stretch available understandably. Total distance was 50+ kms. No tolls. While coming from Aihole to Bijapur there is one toll though as the road was extremely good.

Bijapur to Akkalkot via Solapur: Again 2 laned roads all across, road condition is OK. Some stretches in Solapur to akkalkot route was extremely pathetic. Total distance 134 kms. No tolls.

Akkalkot to Tuljapur via Solapur: Again 2 laned road all through. However the road from Solapur to Tuljapur was superb although the 4 laning is in progress. Even the 2 laned road is a drivers delight.
    KPR likes this.
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur Congrats on your recent visit.
    It would be nice if you could tell us places to visit with photographs.

Do you maintain stock bulbs or have you modded? The stock throw is simply poor. I had difficulties during my recent highway trip to vizag.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I have maintained stock bulbs only, no modifications. I felt the throw is adequate during the night drive.

Regarding the pics, I will post a few in my ownership thread. I will have to sort them first.