1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ADVICE NEEDED ON UPGRADING MY '09 LINEA TO A BRAND NEW LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by csr1969, Jun 16, 2015.

1. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi folks,
    I needed an advice on upgrading my existing linea to a new linea. The dealer is ready to offer 3.10 lakhs for my 2009 linea which has done 103000 kms on the odo. My question to fiat gurus is should I upgrade or should I wait till the launch of 1.6 multijet.

Regards
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    3.1 is a decent price if you ask me considering it's run <1lk kms.
    You also can put an advertisement on classified and see if you can get more than what dealer has to offer you.
    I wouldn't recommend you of waiting for a New Engine or a Model from Fiat, they are known to be either too lazy or do an extensive study of a market for ages before bringing in anything new.
    The only plus is the Interiors of the New Linea might be a change however the new 1.3 is a little tweaked from the time you've been driving so that might be a small change from your current car.
    I would recommend you to go for it :cool:
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @csr1969

Though 'who knows?' applies, mefeels the 1.5/1.6 mjd will only turn up on the all-new b-Suv planned apparently for end-2016.

However, now that petrol prices are lower, and diesel ones higher, and since you're being offered a good price on your old Linea: do look either at the Linea t-jet, as well perhaps at the Avventura 90 hp?

cheers
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think the price which dealer providing is fabulous and I am sure there wont be much increase if plan it sell it off in market.

I will say YES to upgrade to new Linea 2015 and dont want for new engine/car from FIAT India. As Anup mentioned above one should not rely on FIAT India.

If you are keen to buy 1.6 Multijet then go ahead with S Cross or Ciaz which will be equipped with 1.6 MJD from FIAT. It is just matter of few months. May be in Festival season MSIL will launch Ciaz & S Cross 1.6 MJD.
    Anup likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @csr1969 : If I am not wrong, Swift had started plonking the MJD 1.3, 2007 onwards. Palio started next year (followed by Punto) i.e in 2008. So if this pattern is followed and Maruti plonks 1.6 MJD in Ciaz/S-Cross this year, then Fiat should come up with the 1.6 MJD with at least Linea, next year. Also, when I was purchasing my Evo 90 HP this year from Pandit Auto, the SA told me 2 things regarding Fiat's plan:

1) Evo T-JET by July-Aug 2015 (This release seems to be around the corner)
    2) Linea 1.6 MJD 2016

So I would say, if you want to upgrade with Linea Diesel, please wait till Maruti launches 1.6, which should in a way confirm that Linea would also be coming with 1.6 next year. If you are considering Petrol, then you can go with the T-JET, as the price offered from the dealer is decent.

Just my 2 cents.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree with kedarbendre. Replacing 1.3 MJD with 1.3 MJD should not be called as an "UPGRADE".
    Better wait and go for 1.6 MJD CIAZ or S-CROSS.

Or else if you are really bored with LINEA (I doubt!) you should look into other brands too. LINEA MJD to LINEA MJD - big NO NO in my opinion looking at output you would achieve.
  7. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi folks, thanks for your advice. I cannot think of any maruti replacing my italian beauty and I am habituated to its ride, handling and features. If I need a replacement I'll probably go in for a fiat only.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 19, 2015 ---
    Hi folks, I wanted to add some more info. about my beauty:
    • Its a 2009 December model, registered in 2010 january.
    • Its a white emotion pack with additional frills such as rear spoiler, oem alloys etc.
    • It is a well-maintained car washed every week with shampoo and polished with the exterior wax and waxpol polish on the interior.
    • full service record available with me as well as the service centre.
    • Car has new MRF ZLO tyres changed at 99000 kms.
    Guys may I ask something, my car is mechanically as well as cleanliness it is well taken care off. My engine is very fit after 1l kms on it. I am in a dillemma to push it off now or after 1 year. And secondly how to post a pic on TFi?:)
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  8. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    If your are OK with a Petrol Vehicle, i would suggest a T-jet Linea, it would be a small upgrade and something different.
  9. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi, after a lot of thinking, I decided to keep it for a year or so. And secondly thinking of starting my ownership thread soon this week.
    Cheers;)
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @csr1969 looks like you dont want non FIAT cars so I would suggest you either wait for new 1.6 MJD in Linea or go for Tjet Linea/Avventura or Abarth Punto Evo which will be true upgrade IMO.

Avvy Tjet and Abarth Punto Evo will launched by August End.

Linea Tjet will also be a good choice.