1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advice - Mahabaleshwar to Ganpatipule

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by bhai, Apr 17, 2016.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi
    I have planned Mahabaleshwar trip. & one day for Ganpatipule with family. What are the additional places for visit on Mahabaleshwar to Ganpatipule route ?
    We had visited Ganpatipule 11 years back when just married. I remember names of small towns on highway i.e. Khed, Chiplun etc. But I don't remember the names of villages & towns after Chiplun.
    Please guide with necessary tips .

& list of FASS . It may be useful
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    You can visit kaas pathar, sajjangad, amboli ghat (rainy season is better). Also at the kokan side, you can visit Velneshwar.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks. But places mentioned you are in Satara district. I am talking about Mahabaleashwar to Ganpatipule road.

In addition to that I just googled about safety factor on this route. There are two big ghat sections are on this route.
    1 Ambenali Ghat - From Mahabaleshwar to Poladpur (41 km)
    2. Kashedi Ghat - From Poladpur to ahead.

About Kashedi ghat I read haunted stories. Kashedi Ghat is risky, avoid to keep non-veg food in car, automatically non-veg food parcel vanishes etc.
    There are stories of scratching on neck & face by evil spirits etc. Many people experienced paranormal activities at Kashedi Ghat.
    Please don't misunderstand. I am not spreading superstitions. In fact I do not hold faith on such things. I had travelled 11 years back. But this time whole family is with me so that's the point of tension.
  4. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Both the ghats are safe and roads are good. Do not go by haunting stories, they will always be there. Enjoy the drive, eat good sea food when on the coast. You have nothing to worry about.