1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advice about Transport of LED TV

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by bhai, Jul 25, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi

I am going to buy 32 " LED TV from Pune.
    As LED TV is precise electronic item ,I have doubt about its transportation from Pune to Ahmednagar (120 KM)

We are 3 persons. So 3rd person will sit at rear seat.

Is it safe to bring LED TV in my Maruti Dzire ?

If yes then where I should keep it in journey? Wheather on back seat or in boot space ?
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. hi bhai,

i would only suggest that get is pack well so that car goes from bad road or no road, the jerks can be handled by the TV. Basically problem is the jerks, its can lead to bad picture clarity or damage the LEDs. So get the original TV packing + some more packing for better cushion. try that your put the TV on surface which have better cushion.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bhai, you should use LOT of bubble wrap to wrap the TV securely. Firstly , wrap it in bubble wrap, then keep it in it's box. It is far more secure than the thermocol thing.

And keep it tied down on the back seat so that it doesn't fall during braking.

Cheers.
  4. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Bhai, any specific reason you are buying the LED TV from Pune?

Arent there any LED TV dealers in A'nagar?
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Just ask the dealer to ship it to your location, it will be his responsibility to ensure the TV reaches in good condition :)
    Pay cash on delivery, after verifying everything is working properly
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    There wont be any problem. I ordered my LED TV from Star CJ Alive & that too from Mumbai. Orinigal TV box has bots bubble wraps along with Tharmacoal packing so dont worry.

Whoever is sitting on backseat ask him to take car of box that set.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhai, also do one thing. Don't keep the LED TV box directly in the boot/on the seat. Keep some old clothes below. This will also help in decreasing the transmission of shocks to the box.

Finally, do update the procedure you follow. So that it can help others in future. :) Last time you started a thread on sports shoes but I guess it went into archives without letting us know of the brand you selected. :p
  8. congratulation for purchasing of LED TV. BTW >> Which Brand ?

If it is in proper packing, than there is no problem to keep in boot. Dzire having good boot. keep properly, it should not move inside. that's it.

I read it in same forum, that LED TV's consuming more power than regular one ! have you any idea ?
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I'll tell you a story!

When we got transferred from delhi to bangalore, our LCD tv was brought in a truck! While unloading i saw, the guy was standing on the LCD tv!! Now that's tough!! :A hehe!!
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I put the cushion sets of my sofa in the boot space of Dzire. & because it was in its original carton I could bring it safely. Thanx to all for clear my doubts.

It's Videocon 32 " LED TV. Full HD, 120 Hz motion plus.
    It has SRS sound,2.4 inch slim body, USB & other all popular features.

I done vast survey of LCD & LED. I took many trials of Videocon with LG,Samsung,Sony.
    I found that Videocon beats all MNC brands in the department of colors,picture quality,sharpness & overall sum up.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011