1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advantage OF mono Block

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Tarun, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ phew
    true nd 100 % agreed to wat u said .. right now wat u said is the exact condition of my car setup, Sub is over powering everything .. so the next step is to replace my Kicker DS65.2 with Focal performance (top end) ..
    but i never was able to had audition of ID compos .. i wish i could .. also if u had audition of both ID nd Focal, will u suggest me to go for ID ?? are they better then FOCAL .. also wat's the price of ur ID COmponents ..
    u can even tell via PM if u want to .. :)
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Id speakers are very good when it comes to handling power and are less brighter than the focals. U can audition the id cxs in my ride, they are for 28k. I certainly prefer id but its down to personal taste u see.
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    yeh.. would surely like to have a Audition in ur car sumtime, will let u knw sir
    btw have u got ur Boot damped ?? if yes plz do tell how much damping sheets are required also at wat places should sheets be applied ?
    also MY 4 channel JBL amp is GT5 S 644
    SPECIFICATIONS General
    Amplifier Type Class AB RMS Power @ 4 Ohms 4x70W RMS Power
    @ 2 Ohms 4x100W
    Peak Power 800W
    Crossover (12dB/Oct., 20 – 320Hz; Front): LP/HP/Flat
    (12dB/Oct., 20 – 320Hz; Rear): LP/HP/Flat
    Signal-to-Noise (dBA) 85dBA Auxiliary Line-Level Outputs
    wat u think abt it .. Sorry if m eating ur precious mind, this is my first time in this department :D
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes my cars boot has also been damped and i used 2 sheets. Its is done on the inner side of the sheet and on the plastic. Stats though are good but these amps don really churn out clean power(overrated). Can u share ur budget then we can help u better
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    ok !! 2 sheets, do u mean on the Door of the BOOT only ?? or also on the place where the spare Tyre is stored !! Also in damping doors, hhave u used 1 sheet on each door or 1 sheet can cover 2 doors .???
    if u say so ( abt the JBL amp ) i'll get a gud 4 channel amp soon .. and abt the budget, sir - i don't have any budget, it's not like that i have so much money to spend on. it's just tat i'll upgrade once my mind is set.
    i'll can upgrade step by step, can't shell out lakhs in just 1 GO :(
    but to still give a Idea i can spend atleast another 15K(still no idea) on a 4 channel amp and arnd 20K( had decided Focal performance PS165) for front components .. not to mention Damping Excluded ...
    plz throw sum light on me for the 4 channel selection.. as i don't want to much High end but still want the things which are in the league :)
    i hope you understand and will help me ...
  6. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ MOds .. sry for back 2 back post ..

@ jasveen bro ..
    plz do tell those damping sheets tat were used in ur car, were they 10x10 size or 12x36 size ??
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ tarun
    I have used 2 damping sheets in each door. The rear doors are not damped. The boot and the c pillars have been damped alonh with the suspension.intrusions.
    I total i have used smthing around 8 sheets.

Since u are doin it step wise. Buy a 4 channel first and later the comps.

For the amp look at DD or at mosconi
    DD for 18990/-, mosconi 60.4 for 24990/-. The mosconi is certainly expensive but is a one time solution to ur amp upgrades, after fitting this u don need another amp for a couple if years more. Infact it can power ur sub and comps both at the same time and beat the hell out of them both.
    I'm not certain about the size of the damping sheets
  8. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ phew
    DooD .. as i already got a Separate Mono block, i think a Decent 4 channel AMp tat gives 150 watt RMS on 2 channels (bridged mode) should be gud enough for me ...
    i thought this in budget -- http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod..._id=285&item_id=112090&locale=en_US&p_status=
    plz do tell wat u think ..
    also another reason to have Rockford is that i am impressed with rockford's Mono block nd also this 4 channel amp has Big chassis :???:
    IMO it should give an upper hand in cooling off ::pP nd not to mention the CEA-2006 Compliant too
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bigger or smaller chassis does not make as much a difference as the system which is applied for cooling does. So bigger chassis better cooing and smaller chassis lesser cooling is all rubbish.
    Personally have used the same mono as urs and was very displeased with the performance. I would say buy a kenwood 4 channel thts far far better then RF. Rest is now ur call.
    Just remember its not the watts tht the amp gives but how cleanly it does so is important.
  10. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    :O
    can you plz tell me in what way you find the AMP Displeased ? :((