1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Advantage OF mono Block

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Tarun, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    HI ICE gurus,

i was thinking to add a Mono block in my car i've got 2 options 1st is JBL GTO 350.1 nd 2nd is RockFord Fosgate prime250-1 ..
    my question is does Mono block really makes a big difference tat one should think abt it ? :confused::confused:
    currently i have JBl Gts644 - 4 channel amp powering components in front and SUb in bridge mode ...
    btw my SUb is Pio 12" Dual Voice coil SUB, currently AMP is driving the Sub efficiently..
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    YES, a mono makes quite alot of difference. It is always better to power a sub with an individual amp(mono/2channel). As it provides better and more effecient results and compared to a four channel. It also depends upon wht class does the respective mono belong to, class D or class AB, class D amps churn out more power but have les control as compared to a class AB amp.

Pioneer subs usually are loud and have good bass on 4 ch. Amps itself, so adding a mono or a 2channel will only make it even louder. Going by what power ur amp gives to ur sub right now, adding a mono wont make any difference sound quality wise as the power figures will be identical to the abv mentioned amps, the only difference will b, slightly(very little) enhanced control of the sub and some more loudness and satisfaction of having a mono. I would suggest an upgrade to the existing 4 channel rather than adding a mono, tht too only If u want better sound
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ Phew
    actually i was thinking to upgrade step by step as i can't afford to spend in one go.. i want to upgrade my front components to FOcal polyglass series nd move front kicker components to rear doors nd damp the rear doors too, as right now front doors are damped already..
    and in mono block both the rockford nd JBL GTO is tagged at price 10.8K, which one would be better rockford or JBL ?? considering specs JBL gives 360W on 2 ohms nd rockford gives 250Watts...
    as of SUb .. i knw pio is loud, wat other SUb u'll suggest considering the quality of bass not loudness, cuz i might sell it to sum frnd ..
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sir spending 10k on the mono block is just not worth in the current scenario, U can rather save up and get a good 4 channel and comps and in the later stages upgrade the sub to something like DD or ID
    also if u can tell what focal polyglass series comps u r looking at can help, as upgrading to a high end series needs a significantly better amp to give out the results, and this is where not spending 10k will cm in handy I suppose
  5. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    OK bro ..
    in focal i was thinkin fo getting polyglass 165 VB..
    if i have to add a GUD 4 channel amp then in wat company i should look for ? plz help
  6. Tarun, the best way to do is in stages as it doesn't burn a hole in the pockets as ICE is something, no matter how much one spends, its never enough :D.
    I personally haven't heard the Focal components so I wouldn't comment on it. But you can consider either Bull Audio or Rainbow depending upon your budget. If you can get the Rainbow components, nothing like it. The are one of the best around and are known for their excellent Sound Quality. BBW is the distributor and they are based in Delhi.
    For the amp., I would go with RF any day. On paper the power output of RF would be less than JBL but as far as the quality is considered, its much better than JBL. In their Punch series, the P500.1 mono is rated one of the best mono amps for the price.
    As for the sub you can consider Infinity Ref or the Kappa 120.9w. The cost around 12~15k. Kappa is costlier and better than the Infinity Ref.
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    EU can look at mosconi 60.4 an excellent amp at 25k, nothing comes close its ability to give out clean power at tht price, i've personally heard it in a fabia running micro precision 3 series comps and an idv3, its was simply amazing to say the least, absolute sound quality, don let the stats fool u, its one hell of monster in the small package
    And as for RF and JBL I would refrain from using both a kenwood is anyday better than the two in almost all terms
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Phew,

I must compliment you on the extent & depth of "hands on" knowledge of ICE matters that you have.

Regards
    Johnny
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But no matter what nothings more melodies than your jets at FULL THROTTLE

sir u've put me at lost for words....RESPECT
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  10. Tarun

Tarun Amatore