1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adieu to Fiat Palio

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by puneet mehra, Mar 21, 2013.

1. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Hello Fiatiens,</SPAN></SPAN>

Finally it’s a Adieu to my Italian girl friend Fiat Palio:(. Last Sunday I received a call from a very good friend of mine and he showed some interest to buy my Palio:ugeek:. Firstly as usual I say a big NO to him but as he offered me a good price for my ill maintained Palio. I ask him to give me some time to re-think on it:confused:. I came home and think deeply from my mind and my heart. My mind told me to say yes to him and part away from Palio however as usual my heart was denied. I asked my parents for a suggestion and they were agreed that as the car is burning big hole in my pocket and I have already spend too much on it they say please sell it. So finally I give up a Thumb to my friend for my palio. I asked 50K INR and then we both agreed on 45k and finally deal was done. </SPAN></SPAN>

I can understand how we Fiatiens feel when we part away from our love:sad1. I feel very sad as I am in relation with her from last 2 years now going to part away from her. I will never forget the joy and all the memory what I have with my Palio. I was upset after my decision when my father told me “ Some times we think that it’s the end however it can be a new beginning”</SPAN></SPAN>

My car is going to company another palio in my friend Garage(OMG he can own two and I cannot one) and he promised me to keep it in good condition.</SPAN></SPAN>

For a time being I am not in mood to buy another four wheeler however may be in future I will go for another Fiat if everything will be fine for the fiat for his final innings in India.

Regards
    Puneet
    Palio 1.2 NV ELX (Sold)</SPAN></SPAN>
    2 people like this.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah its very hard to part with the Car which is close to you and served you,I still remember the days i spend with my Padmini which dad had, and we have changed many cars in between landed again back to pavilion with the Grande Punto,

Hope you take up the decisions soon for the Next Fiat car....which is awaiting...
    2 people like this.
  3. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Really very bad.... :(:sad1
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I can understand
    But 45K?
    What kind of condition was the car in?
    What version/Year/kms?
    You dont even get a Honda Activa for 45K these days.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Hi,

Car was good in running conditons but looking for new shockers, new tyres and of course complete paint on it. My car was 2004 Palio 1.2 NV ELX with original accessories. My heart was forcing me to keep the car however my mind was not in favour of it. A quick chat with my parents and my friends and finally car was sold to a very good friend of mine. Yesterday he picked the car from my door step and he is going to restore it.

One good thing is that I can take the car from him when I need it for a spin or a tour or a meet:).

Regards
    Puneet

- - - Merged Post - - -

Tony Bro,

yes its very tuff for me to part away from my Fiat. Will definetely go for Fiat in future if everything will be settle for FIAT and Me.

Till then I am back on my two wheeler Bajaj Pulsar 150DTSi(my first bike) and CBZ Extreme (my Touring partner) for the time being.

Regards
    Puneet
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

What was the genuine reading on Odo,and was the AC working?
    What was the condition of the engine.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    45K?????????
    I know fiat has got a bad resale value but......Had if you used it in any exchange bonus scheme, it would have fetched you more than that.

BTW are you the first owner?
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  8. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Akshay,

Odo was 82K done,AC was working good and even all 4 power windows working properly. They were not causing a problem for me. The only problem was lack of original spare parts presence in the market and yes of course in my budget.

Regards
    Puneet

- - - Merged Post - - -

Mchanna,

Bro I am third owner and yes Fiat has a bad resale value in the market( bt not like this) I am not in mood to buy any new four wheeler right now thats why didnt check at any dealer for exchange bonus.

Regards
    Puneet
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Being 3rd owner with 82k 9 year old for 45k looks good as long as you are selling it to your friend, if you had gone for exchange i doubt you would get that amount also.
  10. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Surya,

Few days ago one of my friend checked with a maruti dealer about the exchange price for my palio as he was forcing me to buy RITZ VDI then dealer quoted 20K for the car and exchange bonus of 20k extra so total value is 40k including exchange value.

Regards
    Puneet