1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adidtives for Fuel and Engine Oil

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by avnsiva, Dec 13, 2015.

1. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    I have heard many a times from other fellow members against fuel/oil additives.

With half heart I tried the System-D in my Linea for the past 3 tankful refills. I found that the car is more free revving and sounds more refined. So I am planning to try some oil additives in 2-3 weeks when the time is up for the next oil change.

Shell Rimula R4
    XADO One stage Atomic Conditioner
    XADO Vita Flush.

ll post the review on this once I try these.

Have anyone tried any other additives before? Can you please share your experience as well?
  2. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    As I read somewhere, the additives would give fine results initially but in a longer period they may harm the engine.

Instead, you may just use a good synthetic engine oil and the rest will be assured. Just my opinion.
    naruf1 likes this.
  3. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    I Tried ABRO & ADD-ON (IOC), never felt any difference. Either i'm not too sensitive to the change, or they really didn't do any good. Also, FIAT doesn't support any additives to be used in Fuel or Oil.

If your car has done >40k, you may try 2 alternate tank full using Injector Cleaner & then 2 alternate Fuel Additive.
    Also, unless you do a highway run (higher range of RPM(s)) , Injector cleaner may not be able to do their job effectively.

Also, in city (only limiting the concern to FE), Fuel additive impact can not be objectively stated.
    Raaz likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I just use Acetone in petrol 2ml acetone for 1 litrer petrol.

Using it since last 3 months in my Palio S10 and TVS Apache 160 RTR and results are mind blowing.

No engine knocking in Apache and increase FE in Palio S10. I constantly getting 15kmpl in my Palio S10 on highways.
  5. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Is it safe to use Acetone? We use Acetone + Mineral Oil for penetrating deeply stuck screws. Acetone has corroding properties.
  6. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Any alternates available for Fiat engine oil (Diesel) SELENIA 5W40?
  7. kati shyamkumar

kati shyamkumar Timido

Visakhapatnam
    Shell Helix will do
  8. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    I have faced issues like drastic drop in FE and performance just within 6 months of purchase. The Service center or even fiat couldn't fix the same and a fellow member of this forum advised me to use Abro diesel injector cleaner and i got amazing result after using 2 bottles.
  9. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Kati Shyamkumar, I did check with friend of mine who is also a FIAT fan, he too recommended Helix and also Mobil devlac 1 5W40. Will check for Mobil devlac if not available will go for Helix.

Hi vipinpradeep, are you still using the injector cleaner every tank fill? Any drop in FE if you don't use injector cleaner?
  10. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    I am using System-D and the current engine oil is Motul Tekma Mega 15W40. This is a CI-4 oil, costs around 300 per litre and its absolute value for money.
    The engine is smooth and revs easily on highway runs.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 28, 2016 ---
    Is there any CJ-4 oils available in India? Have anyone used it?