1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Additives for Fuel and Engine Oil

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by avnsiva, Dec 13, 2015.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Asimpleson, Have you used LiquiMoly, I know its a german brand and also have read reviews and seen videos but no encountered any one who used it. I know its a killer brand and has also dealer in india. i tried calling them but no response.

Since ABRO is doing good in Hyundai 1.6 CRDI, Toyota Innova CRDI and mHAWK crdE with pro 10 and full synth, i wanted to try same combination.

Is MITASU a japanese brand ? Will check the same thanks. I had MObil 1 Delvac or Shell Helix 5W in mind.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I tried Helix 5W for MJD and never used again. Didn't see any major improvement. It must be noted that they have Diesel mentioned on Helix products that are better products as I had used one such product way back on Siena. And that was really good.

Mobil Delvac on the other hand is considered a good oil by many here.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  4. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    *bumping an old thread*

Has anyone managed to get their hands on STP diesel treatment? Been searching for it for a while and it's not in stock anywhere. wonder what's the reason for that.
    Also, does anyone have experience with liqui moly diesel additive? It's available on amazon now for 400 Rs.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    STP diesel treatment has been taken down from Amazon, as it's been said that the importer doesn't want to sell it online. It will be available at stores at premium prices or full MRPs.

Many people expect some magic and ultra smooth performances, but the same may not be experienced with additives. If you love the engine and believe you want to add to the zddp ppm number at oil change you can do it as an added measure. It's really difficult to quantify how much gains will be there unless the internals are seen. Wear and tear of critical low tolerance parts will have definite advantages based on some studies. STP and Liqui Moli are reputed brands, provided you get the genuine stuff.
    selwyn.a likes this.
  6. revvingengines

revvingengines Amatore

Bengaluru/Ernakulam
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @selwyn.a
    I recently added a can of Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive to my ride. Drove close to 400 kms on it and I'm experiencing a quieter diesel clatter, a tad smoother engine maybe, lesser smoke on acceleration and reduced soot deposit on the exhaust tip.
    Seems to have worked for me.
    selwyn.a likes this.
  7. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @asimpleson and @revvingengines for the response.

Will try out Liqui Moly. I'm definitely not looking for any magic to happen :rolleyes:
    The quality of diesel being what it is here, I just want exactly what @revvingengines has described as the effects of usage: less clatter and smoke.

Also, isn't zddp toxic to the environment? From what I have read, lube manufacturers have greatly reduced concentrations of the compound in their products.
    revvingengines likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dpf issues. Also If collected properly oil shouldn't pose harm. Flips side is early engine wear. It definitely is a great friction buster.

Clatter is due to tappets, even hydraulic tappets make noise, which is even more evident in startup. That noise needs a special tappet additive thats made by liqui moli, check online. Excessive smoke actually shouldn't stop by additives although some do claim the same and help regain compression. Try your luck tough.
  9. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    revvingengines likes this.
  10. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's for petrol engines, the one for diesel's comes in black tin pack. However, i have used this one too on my diesel GP. Impressed with it but its effectiveness only last for 5-6k kms max. What u can do is add half a bottle and half after 5k kms.

Also i have added Liqui moly additive while changing oil and results are positive. Although the cold start isn't that silent compared to the stp's one but less difference is felt while the engine reaches to its operating temps. I am yet to see for how much kms it's effectiveness lasts.

vicky.
    Sachin patel likes this.