1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Rear Power Window in Punto 1.2 Active

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by vikassharma, Jan 19, 2014.

1. vikassharma

vikassharma Novizio

Rewalsar, Mandi
    Is it possible to add Power Window in Punto 1.2 Active?

How much it will cost?

Will I have to buy the parts from outside or Punto Dynamic spare Parts will get in the Active?

Will it void Warranty?
    1 person likes this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hmmm. FIAT Punto hasn't been very compatible with many after market parts. When it comes to power windows and keyless entry, I always trust OEM as a lot depends upon the installation.

I do not think that Punto active has the required wire harness so adding PW from Punto active would require lots of things to be sourced which wouldn't be too economical (two rear harness, 2 OEM power window switches, 2 power window motors and a few more.
  3. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vikas. I feel Price should be a second concern on the list . Nothing you can't get fittred on the car in the market outside. I have an active myself and i faintly rememebr suggested 4 to5 k per window . But with time i have realized it's best to leave the wirings and electricals to what we got as standard. Believe me, it's very sensitive, all these voltage drops and relay coils , current flow etc etc. If and only if they agree to do it at FASS take a plunge with caution. I had been to a local garage this sunday to get a loose fender lining tightened for my punto and saw a VW polo sitting there with all wires melted, Bulbs blown black and a fire inside the bonnet leaving a volcano of melted plastic all over under the engine hood. The mechanic was suspecting a Malfunction in wiring due to installation of a high powered headlamps from a "Bittu Ustaad".. If FASS says no big deal, u can give it a thought. If FASS does it, i think ur warranty will still be intact
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  4. It can be done, Punto dynamic parts should do, buy all OEM parts though
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, Its possible to install rear power windows to Active Model i myself got it done for my punto - Condition is get it done by FIAT only at showroom, you have provision for all the fittings no need of cutting wires or extra fittings.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Surya,
    After seeing your post, many would be interested to know about the details, breakups, pics from from you. Please share the details.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Pdash, i got central locking + power windows fitted at the time of delivery both were fitted by showroom guys and it costed me 14k in 2012, Central locking is Autocop make and power window is Minda make, will post pics soon.
  8. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too put central locking at the time of delivery from KHT, on asking about power window, they said that is not possible. After seeing your reply, I am seeing good hopes. Wish to see the details soon.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    20140121_135808.jpg

The rear power windows is of Minda and can be operated from back only, i have not got the 4 switch panel at the front driver seat to operate all the four doors, few of the TFI'ans have done this mod also in their punto you can check in the forum.
    2 people like this.
  10. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Surya, I really like the design and color, which match with the OE door pad. But I am looking for something like OE power window which can be directly fitted to same position where top end versions has. If anybody has done similar job. please share the details.