1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Show them the pic, probably the might not know it by name or might call something else.
    Also try to get in touch with your FIAT Spares department, they might be having it.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Viny,

Does this Aux by pressing CD button twice also available in Emotion Pack? Or Blue & Me is connected thro' Aux connectivity? I checked my Linea Emotion Pk by pressing CD button repeatedly and also by pressing SRC button on steering repeatedly. Aux is not there.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes sir, you are right IMO. See this page:
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1566&start=90
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

VahanPujari: Currently if you press CD twice, and if you have usb connected, it would take you to media player. Similary for "SRC", but if you connect AUX in via the Mini ISO C3, you would get a third option of "CD Changer" when you press SRC key multiple times, this options get enabled only when something is connected otherwise you dont see them. Blue & ME is connected via ISO MINI C2 Pin, which has telephone in and telephone out connectivity. And the AUX out of Mini ISO C1 is probably used by Blue & Me for Voice Command Processing.
  5. sunveer

sunveer

Chandigarh
    @Paddle Shifter:
    Thanks so much for the info paddle shifter. Really appreciate your prompt reply.
    Had a talk with the guy amit, he told to come on wednesday as he is away to delhi for some work.
    Will go wednesday to get the stuff done,

Thanks once again

Sunveer.
  6. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    So can I order online the mini iso c3 pin from anywhere in India?
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

@MAttJ: I dont think it would be available online in India, its not such a commonly used pin. You best option is visiting the blaupunkt dealers or good audio installers. Show them the pic, probably they would not know it by name too. Also it might be available at TATA Spare parts department.
  8. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys!!

Dont know whether this piece of Info will help you or lead to further confusion

When we visited the Fiat Factory and were in conversation with one of the Line managers he stated that the entire Wire Harnassing was different in each model so that is the reason you probably cant upgrade your Emotion to an Emotion Pack directly.

For Example:- I wanted to fit the Front Fog Lamps for My Active but cant do it since the the additional clips are not connected to the wireing Harness in the Active - I would have to Tamper with the Harness to fit the fog lamps and that could void the warranty.

Sad but True.....
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Yups, its very true that harness, functionality and connectivity are very different between emotion and emotion pack. Since new era cars are driven by CAN wiring, the presence of Blue & Me, Airbags and few more emotion packed based features calls for a complete different wiring harness as well as connections. And I have seen the wiring diagrams of both Emotion and Emotion Pack, its way to different in dashboard area and seriously need someone with good knowledge of automobiles wiring system or must have KEEDA to have some good understandings.

That's why I fear to hand over Linea to any regular mechanic for any kind of audio or electrical works, this is gen X car and even jugads would need some smart thinking. So primarily i try to learn maximum before venturing into any kind of work around in the car. And even I have seen similar behaviors in other FIAT car owners at least on web.
  10. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    @viny sadly blaupunkt has shut shop in Kerala, no support or service from anyone! =O