1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. kiran_ns

kiran_ns Guest

2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Please do a search before creating new thread.
  3. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Adding the AUX cable will be successful only if your HU shows AUX menu when the CD button is pressed twice.

In the new punto's the blaupunkt comes with a later firmware which does not have this option ( it does not display anything even the CD button is pressed twice )

I have not found any way out, other than changing the HU.

savin
  4. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    AUX for Punto Emotion variants

Hi, firstly mods, i know this topic is redundant , but figured to start one anyways, with posts that only had relevant info, rather than multiple queries and half way solutions ( like fm modulaters, etc etc ).....
    This is in case future newbies check the forum out they dont have to wade through the whole forum trying to find the right post.

So in my case and hopefully in everyone else's when you press the CD button ( just once even while playing a CD ) the source shifts from CD to AUX and AUX is displayed on the screen. When checking the audio options, you have the external audio feature, correct me if i am wrong but isnt that for external sources like AUX in, plugged in mobiles phones etc?

I see people everywhere recommend the cable shown below. I saw someplace its termed as the Mini ISO 8 way pin for CD changer interface.
    Link for the pin purchase.
    http://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp?se ... Connectors
    Also if that is the same pin that universally plugs in to the HU's that come with the Punto, is it locally available?

I hate lugging around a set of CD's all the time, and having to write new ones each time songs get updated, it is far convenient to have an AUX capability.
    It is also pretty sad that we dont have these very basic of features. Today i was on an indica cab en route for a meeting and i noticed the HU in that car. It was some chinese make but damn that HU had USB, AUX and even an SD card inlet feature. :A

Advice on this will be greatly welcome and any help...

thanks fellow punters :)

line-in-aux-in-auf-klinke-35mm-mini-iso-blau-laenge-1m-41782714983399317.jpg
  5. sunveer

sunveer

Chandigarh
    Hello Friends

I am really desperate to install this Aux in cable in my Linea Emotion, but I have not been able to find this in chandigarh. Already visited sec 28 and 48 motor market, but no success.

Guys if any one from CHANDIGARH could please help me in finding out a dealer .

Appreciate your quick answers

Thanks
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sunveer paaji, welcome to TFI. I am from Chandigarh as well. Good to see one more member. ::T
    I am sending you the contact details of the guy in Chandigarh via PM.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @MattJ: If you have emotion pack version then the empty mini iso 8 pin comes by default. Only thing is that AUX wiring is not done. This can be done very easily. Buy any regular Aux in kit and take it to blaupunt dealer, he would be able to connect the Aux IN wire in mini iso 8 pin, alternately this can be done DIY too.
  8. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    @viny I own a emotion variant. What alternatives do i have now?
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    My first feeling is that, it might be there in Emotion variant too. But then for that you have to pull out your HU to check it.

Mini ISO pins are very common, most of the good installers would have it. Else since it comes with Emotion Pack Cars, it should be in the spares part list too, so go ahead at TASS and order it if you dont find anywhere else :)
  10. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    I tried suppliers and car accessories shops, no one heard of the mini iso pin and the fact that there is no support for blaupunkt in kerala doesnt help. Is there a way to order it via online from india?