1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Today I somehow managed to pull out the car stereo and fixed the aux cable..but I am not able to chose aux mode. :A .I have tried pressing the CD button twice..thrice ....but no use.. Is there any kind of hack for enabling aux..? On the pin layout sticker, they have give the diagram of pins for aux. But why they have disabled it .? :punch.
    My dear friends...is there any work around for this ??
  2. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    There is a bad news. Grey_hound (not greyhound) and I faced the same issue on which grey_hound registered a complaint with Pandit Auto, Pune. After almost a month long follow up, Pandit Auto came up with an answer saying that FIAT has disabled this functionality in new Emotion models as people are doing it on their own violating warranty etc.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Cinju: Kindly post your pics of your cable, your headunit and how you tried to connect. Are you using mini iso c1 or mini iso c3 cable?
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Cinju: You have plugged to AUX out and not AUX in. The pin that you are using is ISO Mini C1, you need ISO Mini C3 Se the left most side, you would see AFR AFL, those are Aux In particularly used by CD Changers. ISO Mici CS3 pin is blue in color and has 8 pins.

AUX-IN-Mini-ISO-Buchse-8-pol.-auf-2-Cinch-Buchsen-Blaupunkt-Becker-Grundig-VDO.jpg

Connect your mp3 player on the other end it should work technically.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Viny... On seeing the cable connector (blue one), the one which I had purchased(yellow) looks similar. But I am not sure about the internal connections. So my doubt is if I connect the cable which I had purchased to the AUX in, will it work .? Viny my another concern is even if I press CD button twice, the AUX display is not coming. So is there any chance that even if I use the apt cable, it is going to work .? So far in none of the threads, I could find someone who has made AUX working without this 'AUX' option being displayed when pressing CD button twice. I will be really happy if you can help me on this..Thank you very much for your valuable suggestion. ;-)
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Cinju: Dont even try to plug in, as C3 has 8 pin and C1 has 6 pin, you could damage the other 2 pins in c3. Secondly the Aux in C3 is basically for 10 CD Changer, so the input for same comes in when you press the CD button twice or when you press the "SRC" button 4 times, its comes after media.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Viny...sorry I am not a techie guy..My requirement is I need to play my ipod using AUX. So if I am correct I need to get a C3 cable. Is it available with 3.5 mm jack .? Viny I could neither find this src button. Viny when you are free can you just refer the following link. http://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/120614-g ... -hack.html & http://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/237218-a ... to-hu.html . Is this the recommended way .? I will update you with a closeup shot of my cable as well. If we can make it working, there are many others who will be helpful with this.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Yes, its available with 3.5" pin too

line-in-aux-in-auf-klinke-35mm-mini-iso-blau-laenge-1m-41782714983399317.jpg

Technically, this is how it should be

visit any blaupunkt dealer or a good audio installer, and you should be able to get blank mini iso c3 pin(blue) , use any 3.5mm jack with long wire, plug it into mini iso c3 pin its simple DIY stuff, costing less than 50rs.
    Connect that pin at back of your HU in C3 slot and plug in your mp3 player to 3.5mm jack. start the player, press "SRC" key on your stering mounted audio control multiple times (generally 4) or else press CD button on you HU twice, it should get working for you :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Viny...Thank you very much for the detailed procedure. Regarding the cable I am quiet ok..but the last part is my concern...Enabling the AUX. My model in Emotion and not emotion pack. SO the option of SRC is not there. Another things is pressing the CD button twice. Here is the issue. Pressing the CD button twice is not enabling the 'AUX' functionality. I think the same has been reported by many users. My HU is not blaupunkt..It is written F199. Some say it is Bosch, on the sticker it is written as Delphi and with the model no F199 when I search, many places they say it is the Grundig F199 model. Even searching a lot, I cant find anyone who had successfully made to work AUX on this model. The only chances are will it work if it detects an AUX source after fixing the cable ? Any thoughts on this../??