1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are approaching Jayadeva hospital from 9th block (From Big Bazzar side), just before flyover starts, take left turn (Its called Ease-End road). Go for approx 500 mtrs, on right side TMC shop is there.

TMC is no more official dealer of Blaupunkt. Only official dealer is Mandovi Motors, wilson garden.

Press CD button twice, AUX should appear on HU. If not, this functionality is not present.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi,
    Could someone please post pictures or give a reference link on how to pull out the OEM HU on punto. I recently purchased aux cable from E-bay and wanted to get it fixed. :?:
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Cinju. Had I seen your post earlier I would have clicked a photo. Just removed my HU an hour back at a shop to have a look at the back panel.

See this pic:
    [attachment=0:2hnvyebf]HU.jpg[/attachment:2hnvyebf]

I have marked 4 arrows to highlight these 4 holes. All you have to do it that you need to firmly insert 4 metal wires in these holes and thenpull the Head Unit out. I hope I am able to make myself clear. ::pP
    You can use a hockey shaped wire so that it is easy to pull the HU out. It may require some effort to pull it out. Be careful. ::T

A BIG EDIT- IT IS POSSIBLE to make your own DIY AUX cable in case a Blaupunkt dealer/distributor is not available in your area. I know a local person who can make it using a normal wire and a yellow connector. I will get more details from him and post them here.

HU.jpg
  5. gp_prakash

gp_prakash

Bangalore
    Guys, Bad news - I pressed the CD button twice and AUX does not appear on the the HU in my Nov 2010 make. Wondering what options I have now other than the FM transmitter.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanx a lot for the tip of Paddle shifter.The indications given are perfect. Let me try of my own..In the meanwhile Prakash's comments started worrying me :firey ..I am not getting the aux displayed when I press the cd button twice. What I thought initially was only if I connect the aux cable, this feature will become active. Any idea on this..?? I think I have wasted my money ordering the aux cable from e-bay... :A
  7. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi can you post the e-bay link. Thanks
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  9. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot.. thats a quick one
  10. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    @ PaddleShifter
    you should be having the manual for the blue and me that comes equipped with the Emotion Pack and i am mentioning the manual for the additional interface that can added on to the HU of Emotion series.