1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi jacky. The AUX cable is not compatible with cars manufactured after June 2010.
  2. jacky

Thanks very much for the information bro
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

4. thanks amit.do u remembr the shop name or have the contact details of the guy who did it?
    i went there and inquired about the cable installation in few shops but no one was able to help.

5. anupam_aug15

anupam_aug15 Novizio

6. Sabarish

Sabarish Timido

Hello all, I could not go through the entire thread but is adding an Aux cable to Dynamic (2013) possible? I did come across a single din DVD player with a 4" screen. Looked like a pretty good alternative instead of tampering the dash for a double din. What say?
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Aux Cable option is not possible for post 2010 models. Alternatively you can also check if you get Aux option after pressing the CD button twice.

For Aftermarket HU do get it installed by someone who has done it on a Punto/Linea in past as the power connection has to be worked upon...
  8. rajan2002

rajan2002 Novizio

Hi all, guys i want to know in Delphi HU, if AUX pins are not working then what is the use for that?
  9. Unmesh Deshpande

Unmesh Deshpande Timido

Grande Punto 1.3
    EUREKA! I have a Punto Emotion Pack with MS Blue & Me. (This also has one hidden USB port in the glovebox). The first step to bring usability to a better extent I managed and extension cable (USB Male to Female one) and fixed it on the dummy switch panel above the AC vents. This gave me some ease of operation to insert the USB Pen Drive with MP3's. The main disadvantage that I always had with operating the USB was changing the music with the steering mounted keys. I was looking for an option of AUX In. The music system in my car is not the Blaupunkt one. It is Delphi one . I removed the connector that interfaces with the MS Blue & Me and connected the wires from 3.5 mm Audio cable. I inserted the other jack in the headphone socket of my mobile phone and tried to play the music. :( unfortunately it did not. I reconnected the music system as before with MS Blue & Me and again checked up if I had messed up with some thing. This time the Music in the car was as before. I also checked if the USB port was working and confirmed that it was. This exercise and attempt to add the much required AUX failed.

I kept thinking on how do I do it? How about a parallel feed? I said lets give it a shot!

I connected the open ends of the same cable (3.5 mm male on one side and open wires on the other side) in the terminal block where the Blue & Me gets connected. Repacked the music system into the bay and connected the phone again to try if this worked. I did'nt abut the display showed MEDIA PLAYER as an active input. I inserted the USB Pen Drive and the music started playing that was copied on to the USB Pendrive, at this point in parallel, I tried to play songs from the phone as well and I could get a MIXED sounds and music. I decided to compose a "Silent Song" for the USB Pendrive using a Opensource Software called Audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) and repeated this experiment again. And BINGO while the USB Pendrive with "Silent Song" is inserted I am able to play the songs on Mobile via 3.5 mm Jack. The duration of the "Silent Song" has to be very long may be few hours. The file that I created is 4.5 GB+.

I would like to assist every one who wishes to do this.

My First Teck Post... Seniors and Mod please guide.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Why is it 4.5gb+ is it in MP3 format. If so what is the length and can you try it in VBR low bitrate, maybe it could save on some USB space.