1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    USB you are having right ?
    FOr AUX :- its not so easy to do it,better forget about it. :D
  2. rajan2002

rajan2002 Novizio

Mohali
    Does any body know how OEM aux attached in new linea? Is it attached with audio system or with BnM?
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There ain't none. :D
  4. Abh1nav

Abh1nav Timido

New Delhi
    Anybody with some help on this?
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Abhinav, I had seen your post but since I never used it so didn't comment. Since its a Jabra it must be good. I have used FM modulators in the past. None of them was satisfactory in quality. But mine were not of reputed brands. They were mostly of Solinex brand.

I was in your situation this February and I went ahead and changed my head unit for a Pioneer head unit that has USB+AUX+remote control and everything one needs. Now I even have steering mounted audio controls that cost me around 1.3k.
  6. rajan2002

rajan2002 Novizio

Mohali
    Dr. Saab you know how OEM aux attached in new linea? Is it attached with audio system or with BnM? coz i have seen that PIN at back are same as in punto audio player.
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajan paaji, the stereo of new Linea is different than our existing Fiats. We have Delphi stereo but new Linea is said to have audio system from Harman (makers of JBL, Infinity etc). We need to wait until someone who has bought the new Linea decides to remove the factory fitted stereo from the center console and shares the details here.

My feeling is that the AUX is routed via Blue and Me in new Linea. Maybe some new Linea owner can try playing songs via AUX and then check if he is able to change tracks via HU or not.
    prihir likes this.
  8. rajan2002

rajan2002 Novizio

Mohali
    Paaji, i have searched google a lot, but not found connectivity of factory fitted AUX in fiat cars. No, i have seen on the google, front display is changed but HU is delphi only. Delphi is used in other countries, not sure about india.
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Hey PaddleShifter, can you share more details on how you got steering mount audio control and some pics too? I would also love to do it if it's possible with my Punto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3