1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rajatrulz

rajatrulz

Noida
    did any one even read my post..?? forget thanks :(
  2. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Hi guys sorry for the late reply was held up with work :(

@ arjunr No i am not using this unit right now, but i am plan on sourcing one from the states soon

@PaddleShifter I was able to get hold of the user manual for the interface and it clearly states that you can change the titles and directories using the CDC i.e CD changer controls. Below is the link for the user manual for ever one to have a look at

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfiel ... LAUBLU.PDF
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Mr Rajat. I had read your post and I am sure it will help a lot of members who are looking for the AUX cable for Emotion variant. ::T

I have the user manual as well as the Radio CD guide downloaded from the FIAT website as well as the ones we get with the car. It only talks about the Radio/MP3/CD functions as USB drive plays music through the Media Player rather than the HU. ::V
    So, you can not change tracks, directories etc. when playing music via USB port, using HU controls. Only steering controls can be used.
  4. rajatrulz

rajatrulz

Noida

Thanks for the reply mate...Finally 1 reply...and it confirms my post wasnt invisible...so dats all I wanted, just a confirmation.

Thanks a lot. ::D
  5. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Friends,

I was desperately waiting for the AUX cable to be installed in my GP Emotion. It was disappointing to realise that there is no AUX option in the menu. The technician said the AUX menu is usually available when you press the 'CD' button twice. but it is not available in my unit.

Any thoughts - workarounds ? ( I'm not interested in the FM transmitter option as the feed back about which is not good )

Thanks in advance

Savin
  6. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    Hi, I actually found this forum in my internet searching to find a way to add a Aux cable in my GP 1.2 Emotion and immediately registered with the forum. This is my first post in this forum on the same day of registration. Through my search I understand that intially Emotion HUs had the option to change to Aux mode by pressing twice the 'CD' button on the HU and that no CD should have been loaded. However when I tried to do the same, the HU displays nothing :roll: . Mine is September 2010 manufactured. There is a similar question in Team-BHP as well in the ICE section, however even after about 50 days, there has been no reply to that question. Has Fiat India become so low to deactivate this functionality from the OE HUs? If so from which month and is there a workaround for this to add Aux cable?

I see many of you guys have been successful in adding the Aux cable to your Punto HUs, Is there anyone who bought a Punto Emotion on of after September and has successfully added a Aux Cable? Please help me? :anyone

Thanks in advance.

RAAM
  7. anirban

anirban

Mumbai
    Can u tell me where can i get the same in Mumbai..

8. anirban

anirban

Mumbai
    where can you source this ?? ::O

9. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    you should be able to source one from USA try searching in crutchfield.com or even amazaon.com
  10. gp_prakash

gp_prakash

Bangalore
    Ravi, Anyone from Bangalore,
    Could you let me where exactly TMC Electronics is? I approached from Jayanagar 9th block towards Jayadeva hospital on the slip road next to the flyover but I was not able to locate it.

Yes, Am looking for the Aux cable and am seriously hoping that my Nov 2010 make Emotion can take this on? Hope am not asking for too much, but could someone who has installed the Aux cable post pics of how the HU looks - I keep wondering where the wire will come out from?