1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I did the above procedure, AUX came up on the display and then went away, will go to an ICE installer and check it out today
    3 people like this.
  2. Saurabh2177

Saurabh2177 Novizio

Kanpur,U.P.
    dear all,

after my findings on fiat forum which i had posted yesterday for delphi f199 and finally fed up with cd's i did try to find the iso3 pin(blue one) as discussed in this forum earlier also but could not find one.then went to a local ice dealer from whom i got it soldered(AUX cable) to the pins marked as aux R/L and T but nothing came up not even after connecting the 3.5mm jack to my mobile .

although one strange thing happened the option where it says"external source volume" disappeared i could not find that option even after searching for several times the keys for audio/menu options when the AUX cable was connected to the HU.it means that the hu did respond to the connection/wires soldered.
    it might be that we are not able to get the right connections for getting the AUX working.

members with expert knowledge please comment.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You have an Emotion PK, which means B&M, right? How did you connect? Did you have the blue (8 pin) connector? Could you post a picture. I am specifically interested in the wires and the pins they go into. I am pretty sure I tried connecting to AF R, AF L and AF ground (inverted T), after detaching the HU completely. But it is possible that there was power supply in the connectors. Will give it another shot this weekend, after disconnecting battery. Also, wasn't there a wire going into pin 13 of the connector?

The blue connector is 8 pin and connects to the CDC connection end, meaning the wires have to be connected to AF R, AF L and AF ground (inverted T) and not Aux In.

Rajan
  4. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Yes! My car does have Blue&Me, what i did was,first unpluged the HU completely, so that no power was supplied to it. I used the blank blue connector (8 pin) provided by Fiat. Stuffed the bare wires of the AUX cable (R,L,Gnd) into AF R, AF L, AF Ground and then connected all the plugs back. when i powered on the HU Aux came up, but within a second it goes back off. My phone was connected to the AUX on the other end and i had kept a track playing on it. PLEASE NOTE: MY HEAD UNIT IS A BLAUPUNKT HU.
    The cable i was using was a regular AUX cable (Male to Male). I'm going to buy the cable which has 3.5mm plug on one side and RCA on the other. maybe that would work better!
    About pictures please wait a little bit, As dad uses the car i don't have it with me all the time. Ill get it on Saturday will post the pictures then! :D
    prihir, PatchyBoy and Ganges like this.
  5. Saurabh2177

Saurabh2177 Novizio

Kanpur,U.P.

can anyone explain as to why the "external source volume" option disappeared while aux cable was connected to the HU
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    try resetting the battery once again...

i remember when i use to get AUX option on blaupunkt,after resetting the battery(purpose was to reset the ECU) the AUX option went away :D .

Fix it Again Tomorrow ;)
  7. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I disconnected the music system completely for 15 mins (battery was disconnected also).. when I reconnected it, it didnt ask me for the code! Which means it hasnt got resetted yet. How do i hard reset it?
  8. Saurabh2177

Saurabh2177 Novizio

Kanpur,U.P.
    found probable solution for aux/usb in punto delphi units,
    Product Range | Connects2 | Car Audio Manufacturers
    Connects2 World Distributors

please see these two links ,the indian distributor kumar automobiles for this site says that these interfaces will work with delphi f199 also or with any othet OEM HU,
    although he will confirm the same tomorrow i have to call him at 11.00 am for the same and also for cost of the product.
    as he was not aware that the punto's now come with delphi systems.

has anyone at bangalore ever been to his place or checked out with them???
  9. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    While i looked at the website, when you click the USB adapter page and then Select Fiat, it still shows blaupunkt head unit and not Delphi. Hopefully you get a positive info from Kumar auto
  10. Mr.Boss

Mr.Boss Amatore

Linea USB/Bluetooth interface

Hi,
    I have 2009 Linea Emotion with Blaupunkt HU.
    IS it possible to add Blaupunkt USB/Bluetooth interface with that?
    any one fitted in your Linea

Note:
    I'm not asking about Punto. I'm specific about Linea
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013