1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    need some practical hands-on...
    Lets see,i'm having a normal bluetooth dongle costing 150 INR than the above posted costing of 650 INR .
    Have to Explore......
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Got my my Punto bluetooth enabled and USB support video player and reverse camera aswell :)

The device. Worldtech rear view mirror mount 7 inch LED MP5 and video player. Also supports bluetooth. Audio out through AUX-In of stock mp3 player. OE player supports AUX-IN. The device also got the FM transmitter.
    image 1.jpg

Music player thru USB also supports SD card
    image 2.jpg

Video player. will play 720 HD at the max
    image 3.jpg

Bluetooth active. only number is displayed. also stream music from phone.
    image 4.jpg

Parking assist, rear view camera.
    image 5.jpg
    9 people like this.
  3. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

Its a nice device dude, how much did it cost you.
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

The range starts from 6.5k.This includes the reverse camera aswell. this one came around 8.5K
    1 person likes this.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Nice mod Vishnu!

TFIian Pulkit has got a similar system from Convex, complete with the rear camera.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Good one VIshnu. From which shop ?
  7. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

its from Motor plaza :)
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

@Viny, @Cinju - Yesterday we tried an experiment with fellow TFian Venka's Punto. Though Venka has an aftermarket HU fitted, he had bought an OE HU - Delphi SW Version 03, hoping to get Aux-in working, after seeing my success in getting it working on the T-Jet.

Here is what we found:

1. When we swapped my HU with his, in the T-Jet, everything worked fine
    2. When we connected the Aux-In wires to his C1 / C3 (we tried both), it would not work in the Punto

With this, I conclude that there is no hardware setting to disable the Aux-In functionality of the Delphi HU. In case of the T-Jet, it is used by B&M and is able to play audio coming in parallel from an external device. I am therefore thinking, that enabling Aux-In on this HU has got something to do / looking for some more connections apart from just the Aux-In wires.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. arunPG

The Missing Signal

As Rajan mentioned the HU is looking for some other signal to play the audio from AUX Input, Cinju mentioned earlier that his HU is displaying "Signal not present" while he pressed the CD button twice (@Cinju: Could you please confirm this?).
    The ISO C blue connector is not designed for AUX input, it is for CD Changer and we need to provide the required signals to the HU to work properly.

The missing signal is "CDC data in" (Pin 13 in ISO C connector), the HU will use this signal to detect the presence of CD Changer. If you feed 12V directly or through a 10K ohm resister to this pin, the HU will think it is from the CD Changer and it will start accepting the audio signal from Pin 19 and Pin 18.
    An easy way to feed the signal is to connect a 10K resister between Pin 13 and Pin 15 (CDC +12v permanent).

Please note that I didn't tried this on my Punto and I am not recommending this if you are not ready to take the risk. This may DAMAGE your HU and I am not responsible for that.
    Please share the result if you are trying this :)

I am planing to develop my own mp3 player (capable to play tracks from USB, SD card and Aux in) which will accept all CDC (CD Changer) commands so that I can change the tracks of my mp3 player from HU and the HU will display song title and other texts. Hope Punto HU will support standard CDC protocol.
    I will post more details once I start to do this.

As Rajan mentioned the audio input signal is not enough to , the HU is looking for "CDC data in" (Pin 13 in ISO C connector)
    2 people like this.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I drive a punto active. I was using the OEM Delphi unit in my car till now but during the factory meet i took the blaupunkt unit from Ravi to have aux enabled in my car.

I noticed one very strange behavior after switching the HU's as in the pics below

This is Blaupunkt system in active model (without CAN)

This one us my delphi one.

I tried almost everything but could not get pass CAN check of blaupunkt guy.

Finally i am back to delphi piece without Aux.

Can anyone suggest me why are these two HU's behaving differently with same wiring. I am suspecting aux in deplhi is not disabled it is actually not even in it. I noticed a lot many differences in the design of two headunits.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2