1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. dr.vj

dr.vj

Hi thanks for the reply
    No I am not getting aux on pressing cd button, neither with the wire connected nor without it.
    I should get the wire checked I guess.
    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
  2. Hmm you said , you have 2009 emotion PACK , So you have Blue & me as well along with USB and AUX from factory???

Pls clarify on above ...

How come you are not getting the same if it;s a 2009 Punto. Which HU u have Blaukpaunt or delphi & are you sure it;s a 2009 Punto. apologies if it sound like a stupid question...
  3. dr.vj

dr.vj

Hi, Yeah it is 2009 dec model emotion pack . It came only with usb but no aux. I went ahead and bought the wire confidently only because it is 2009 blaupunkt.
    Am I missing something to activate the port?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. In that case, AUX Should be there .if you cannot see AUX on pressing CD twice , I guess it;s not there or cable is faulty. Viny has Posted the pin configuration earlier in this thread some where. Kindly see if it matches to rule out cable fault or u can look at top of HU for wiring diagram . To me it appears that Cable is faulty.

Will appreciate if Any E-pack owner can confirm the availability of Aux On E- Pack As mine car is 2011 May punto with delphi HU .
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    AFAIK the E+ models dont have AUX support
    they only have USB.
    Even mine is a 2009 model but its not E+ (just E) and when i press the CD button twice i get AUX so i got an AUX cable fitted.

Secondly if you dont get AUX when you press CD twice then you're HU does not support AUX. Nothing you can do about it.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Delphi units are screwed up dude, I think there is one person in this forum who has got delphi working with AUX, Nobody else has
    I live in Bangalore and when i went to get AUX cable fitted that guy immediately said that if mine was a delphi unit then he cannot do anything.(Its has become that well known now)
  6. dr.vj

dr.vj

Hi, I dont think e+ will show aux on pressing cd twice as that will bring the media player in. I had read that in e+ the aux has to be connected to the cd changer port. The circuit diagram on the hu does show the audio left and right input pins but the aux doesn get recognized on connecting to them. The wire is not faulty. Either the hu doesn't include aux in support or it needs some kind of activation

7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    No my educated guess says that E+ HU has traded AUX for USB , the reason is because I've fiddled around with the HU settings in every which way and I could not find and active the AUX mode no matter what permutation and combinatinos I did.
    Also if the HU did support AUX there needs to be hardware on one side (which we may or may not see) also software at the other end (which we should see at any cost).
    Locking AUX in the firmware does not make sense to me so i'm guessing there is no AUX in E+ HU

PS:: Anyone with E+ HU who has AUX by any chance?
  8. dr.vj

dr.vj

9. hilroy

hilroy Timido

Goa
    Hi all...
    I have a Aug 2009 mfg punto emo and it came with Blau HU. I researched a lot to add the aux and usb for the stereo. finally last week sourced the usb/bluetooth interface for it and damn it works awesome....

both the usb and the bluetooth working just perfect.... guys owning the Blau HU should go for it..... i would say its as good as B&M only thing we are missing are the steering mounted controls...
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That is interesting. Can you provide some more information on your device and from where you sourced it.