1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

HU Swap (Easy Steps 1, 2, 3, 4)

Ok Guys - Here it is

The 5 step swap process (didn't get the image for the step where you have to input code)

Note 1- These images may seem pointless and non-informative however, believe me it's that easy :D !

Note 2 - Do Try this at home (with the correct tools) because its very simple, although you will have to visit a Blau dealer for the Aux Cable :p

Note 3 - Do NOT try this at home or anywhere without the security Code ! :eek:

Old HU - Step 1.JPG

Note the "U" type of tool used to extract the system from the main frame.

Remove Old HU - Step 2.JPG

Old HU Removed - Step 3.JPG

Just as you see Aux Below - you will see "Code" - all you do is input the code and vola !!
    Aux Final - Step 4.JPG

Hope this helps

Questions welcome..

Thank You Kedar & Soccerfan Once again !!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Got the reply, they will get back to me after checking the stock. They told, even if they don't have it currently they can source it.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Kumars auto do have it in stock, price is Rs. 5500.
  4. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

But will it be useful for new Delphi system? Any idea?
  5. omzworld

About to receive Punto Emotion in 4-5 days and USB + AUX capabilities are the most wanted in the list.
    But as I have been reading the forum, it seems its not possible with the new HU. :(
    Please help me out here. Is there any chance of getting it working in near future?

Can I set up a decent ICE in it (No Amp, No Sub) for < 12K?

Please advice!
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

@OMZ world- Which city do you live in? If bangalore, contact me!
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Omzworld, go for 6.5 inch comps in front for 4.5K (JBL GT5 or Rockford Fosgate series) and 6.5 co-axials for 2k-2.5k at the back on rear doors (JBL or Rockford Fosgate). Avoid pricey comps like Infinity Kappa etc if not going for amp. A good ICE for 7k plus damping for front doors for Rs1500 for the two front doors. Results will be highly VFM.
  8. Got the clue

Hi all,

Today i did some research and found some info and clue to add AUX/USB and Ipod control for Delphi head unit for Punto Emotion. The Delphi head unit is same of Punto EVO out side India.
    Punto Emotion : May 2011 come with Delphi Head Unit= name F199(model)
    Dension have a product which allow you to connect AUX/USB and Ipod to your Delphi head unit.
    the Dension product are costly :(
    Two product will support:
    1. gateway 300
    2. gateway Lite
    Installation guide of Gateway 300:

see the below pictures.

fiat head unit.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  9. omzworld

Great Find!

Got extra excited and just went to Ebay Uk and seems Dension units are not just expensive, its daylight robbery!
    Wish there were some cheap chinese knock offs! :)

Yeah but those guys dont make custom made things. Its either a milion pieces or nothing. And the way Fiat sells, it almost like custom made for we people :)
    Will do some more searches with this thing as base!
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

@Drive_drift that's an excellent finding. But again there is a risk factor. Even though is shows that this particular F199 model is supported, could there be anything like custom made for Indian punto's ? I mean with a different firmware, they can disable the functionality which we are actually looking for right.