1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    Soccerfan has shipped his HU from Kochi to Pune and I have it with me now.

I will be visiting the Blaupunkt dealer within the next 2 days and attempting a switch.I will keep the thread updated (with pictures) if it works.

If the switch works, I will also add the Aux cable and try to see if it works.

Await my update..

Hoping this works.. :???:

Cheers,
    Grey_Hound.
  2. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    Added Aux cable to my Linea Emotion May-2010 make. Did that at Ecko Electronics, Law college Road Pune. Cost of cable and fitting 450Rs. The job was really neatly done. Here are the pictures.

IMG-20110729-00059.jpg

IMG-20110729-00060.jpg

IMG-20110729-00062.jpg

IMG-20110729-00063.jpg
  3. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got it done TMC Bangalore, but the output is not good especially when played from Ipod. Buzzing noise is a big problem. I stoped using and went back to CD's.
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Buzzing noise might be for improper soldering of the wires to HU. even i had the same problem but was rectified at first.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  5. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    Good News ! (err..some bad and some sad news as well)

The bad news is that all those of you who have the non-blaupunkt HU, will need to either change the HU in order to enable the AUX functionality OR track an older HU (pre Sept 2010) and switch it with the existing one. :oops:

The sad news is that Fiat made a decission to install the Delphi / Bosch HU in place of the older Blau HU. The older Blau HU not only has the AUX option, but is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better system in itself when compared to the newer ones. You realise the difference the moment the you switch the system.:(

Finally, the Good News is that if you can manage to trace the older Blau HU, get a hold of it and swap it - IT WORKS !!:D

The swap is as easy as taking a plug out from a wall socket and putting it back again ( I have pictures as well, but forgot to get them downloaded from my camera and hence will upload them in a days time). I got the Aux cable installed and made the swap at the Blau Dealer (Ecko Electronics) in Pune (Owner - Mr Suhas Pathak), he and his team did the job in 10minutes flat. One VERY important requirement is the security code, without which the SYSTEM WILL NOT WORK, the moment to connect the cables at the back of the HU the first thing you see is "Code", until you enter the right code, the system won't switch on.

Feel free to write back if there are any questions.

Now to find the right components and co-axial for the door speakers :D

Note (to fiat) - Cost cutting on an HU without Aux functionality and that of a lower quality is not helping (in today's day and age, nobody uses CDs). It renders the entire point of having an integrated music system as a feature void. While your engines and other technology is keeping with the time, sadly you made a compromise on these details. :confused1

Lastly, Thanks to Kedar who spotted this post and alerted me of soccerfan's offer and thanks to soccerfan for taking the effort to ship the HU all the way from Kochi.

Cheers,
    Grey_Hound
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Grey Hound, congrats buddy. I have a June 2010 manufactured Punto BTW and AUX is disabled even in mine so the best thing to do is to find the HU with Blaupunkt written over it. There is no certainty of AUX working in BOSCH HUs installed in cars between June to September 2010.
  7. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the input, will check it out.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i have the blaupunkt hu. my car is mid 2010. it shows the aux option on the screen when the cd button is pressed twice. i had been to a blaupunkt dealer but he told me aux wire cannot be fitted in my car. can anyone help me giving detailed info for which wire to install and where to install.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If Aux option is showing after pressing cd button twice, Aux cable can be fitted.
    The cable pictures are in above post. Find out from some other ICE shop.
  10. Just booked a Grande Punto 1.2E.. want to add USB/ Aux-in functionality.... Asked the dealer but he has no idea about it....I am from Surat, Gujarat.. Any suggestions??