1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. nirmalyadhar

nirmalyadhar Timido

2. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

After going through 27 pages on this article (and hoping that someone worked up a solution) I guess, I am back to square 1.

FYI - I had pasted this initially in Dec 2010 and have gone back and forth and dealt with Tata (Pune), gone through fiat etc etc.

Hope this helps.

Conclusions -
    1) Post Sept 2010 models come with a HU (Bosch, Delphi, etc) which do not have aux enabled.
    a)Within this too there are apparently too diff sets (from my research)
    a.1) There is a set of HU in which when you press the CD button twice, the screen goes blank, this is in the more recent models.
    a.2) There is a set of HU (which I have) in which when you press the CD button twice, the screen displays "No Source Available".
    Now if you go through my thread, Tata SA had said (and we had verified with several E & E+) that the system I have is that of an E+ - they however eventually backtracked on their statement, saying they never said anything like that)

The saving grace as Viny & Cinju & others have said (which I too believe) is, if there is a "No Source Available" option that is displayed - I would think that getting the right player may help. Or Else they have just changed the firmware and will require a chimp to crack :)

Bottom Line -
    1) Find an Old Blau HU (pre Sept 2010) and replace the existing HU - The switch works, though make sure you have the security code handy. - This is if you want to maintain the stock looks.

2) There are many other brands and models available which you can use, this can be done at the cost of changing looks of the stock.

Again I Hope it helps.

Note to Mods - There should be someway (maybe there is and I haven't seen it) where such discoveries can be highlighted, I noticed paddleshifter repeated the conclusion, but it was ignored. Not sure what can be done ..but worth a thought so that multiple thread with definite conclusions are not restarted.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

That's good news buddy. How did you manage to get a pre Sept 2010 set . Did you set up the AUX ? and how does it sound now. Is it worth investing for a pre sept 2010 set with 'AUX' functionality ?
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    well ihave a apr 2010 blaupunkt model which displays aux but does not play when aux attached at blaupunkt dealer. can anyone help me how do i use the aux option. with which wire
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

U get the Aux adapter (yellow) in blaupunkt authorized dealer in mumbai.location is bandra west near Gaity galaxy Theater.The price Rs. 500 inclusive of installation.Will be installing it next week .The dealer told me that the quality of the system used in linea is awesome with great sound quality.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    thanks varin for the reply. though i have tried it once will give it another try.
  7. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

I have successfully installed a Aux Cable from a Blaupunkt Authorised Service Centre in Jayanagar 9th Block East end Road . He charged me 400 bucks and installed the cable in 5 minutes .The audio output is excellent and works flawlessly . I initially bought a FM transmitter paying almost 3500 with all features . but it did not work so great and was very clumsy.

Guess the Aux cable more than makes up for the lack of USB . But USB would nevertheless be the best option.
  8. Hi Arjun,
    can you give the complete detail of the shop where you got your AUX fit, looking for address and may i know your car model of punto version (manufacturing date)??
  9. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

10. thanks Arjun,
    for the detail. I think i can`t use AUX for my punto its may 2011 model and don`t see AUX when press twice CD button. :(

Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011