1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. HI all,

I got a May 2011 Punto Emotion and i m interest in USB more than AUX. Please let me know if we can fit USB with OEM HU in punto. I m based in Bangalore
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Drive Drift, I am sorry to say but there is no chance of adding a USB port to the OEM Head Unit of the Emotion variant.

You can add AUX cable to the Emotion Variant only if you see AUX on pressing the CD button twice. 2011 models come with Delphi Head Unit which can't take AUX input at all.
  3. ah..u got a 2010 model but same HU as mine .
    although i cannot see aux when i press the CD button twice but could be that it might appear when i add a aux cable. i see no harm in trying that.

Pls PM Viny , even google recognise him as AUX CABLE expert :) . u can manually made a aux cable with his help .

yashik bhai ..there was a guy in CHD u talked about in other thread , has that guy also resigned .. :(
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sushil_Mudgil- 2011 models no longer come with Blaupunkt/BOSCH Head Units so I assume that the Blaupunkt interface won't work with the Delphi head unit.

Anyone reading this is welcome to get in touch with me if he/she is in Chandigarh/willing to come to Chandigarh with their Emotion variant. I will offer all possible assistance in trying this adapter.
  5. hmm if 2011 models are not coming with blkpaunt/delphi ..than it's been a mystery as to what i have in my punto . time to go to operation theater this sunday along side her .

let me see if i can visit chd . may be after next month or so ....
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir, 2011 models come with Delphi head units.

2011 models don't come with Blaupunkt/BOSCH head units. Basically Blaupunkt was acquired by Bosch so FIAT OEM HUs were branded as Bosch for sometime. 2009 cars came with Blaupunkt logo on the dashboard if you ever notice a 2009 model ppunto/Linea.
    prihir likes this.
  7. that clears out everything . i tried googling for delphi support in india and failed ..to find anything related to HU . so no delphi support as well :(
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Nooo chance...Even that's what I expected and failed to get the result with different types of cables..Nothing wrong in giving a try..Good luck..
  9. hi paddleshifter,

can i know what about 2011 model HU band come with. i pressed the CD button twice and don`t see AUX display. or do you think the AUX will display only when you plug any aux device to the HU?? Please let me know on this.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Drive Drift, buddy you can not add AUX to the 2011 model FIAT cars.

- 2009 and early 2010 model Punto/Linea came with Blaupunkt Head Units (HU). You can see Blaupunkt written on the HU.
    - Since June 2010, FIAT removed the Blaupunkt branding as Blaupunkt was a product from BOSCH and I heard that BOSCH sold it to some other company which decided to withdraw from the Indian market. Mine is June 2010 model and I don't see AUX on pressing CD button twice.
    - The new HUs are from DELPHI brand and AUX is disabled in them.

Hope this clears everything.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011