1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Sushil: Any smart logic why would they disable Aux in via firmware, if they already have hardware? The stuff that you have mentioned is suppose to work only if the HU allows it and if i HU allows then one could easily use mini iso c3 pin, which didnt work on cinju's unit but worked on some others guys unit who got it from cinju.

Hacking firmware is easy to say than to get done, I am 100% sure none of the delphi dealer could provide you hacked solutions, some chimp on remote part of world might have done done this only to get his problem solved, if you could catch that chimp on internet you might get the hack, otherwise it would be more of like self driven project.
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  3. thanks yashik.

infact i was about to post a query in that thread .

i have a 2011 emotion variant. unfortunately car is in my native place for registration etc and i am in delhi . hopefully i will be in CHD while returning back after registration etc. could you pls pm me shop address etc . will try to visit the guys shop while coming back . problem is that even delphi's website is silent on audio HU;s.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sushil..I am ready to do experiments. But finding a right dealer or person to do this in trivandrum is very difficult.
  5. well, removing a hardware from HU incurs cost and modification of assembly lines whereas disabling in firmware is a simple .

i know hacking firmware is not easy but nothing is impossible ...
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

But why disabling AUX In?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think Fiat deliberately disabled the AUX functionality. Just that the new vendor Delhi started providing the HU with aux support disabled. :confused:
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Viny.. even that is my question. The pin diagram of my HU shows that it supports 'AUX'. But why it doesn't work ?

04022011260.jpg
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Cinju, various variants has various configs, does the documents say its AUX IN or its AUX OUT? Remember people have used same pin in some of the machines to make AUX out to RCA. Unless the HU vendor specifices HU specification in details, it would be more of like hit and try.

Idealy AF R and AF L, should work as aux in since they are mean for input only. Thus you see many sellers for mini iso c3 aux in cables and similarly the many bluetooth units for same.

In emotion pack, mini iso c1 and c2 are used to communicate and interact with blue and me, thus I am sure emotion pack HU are different form emotion HU and rest of the gang.
  10. Simple HU is being build to a cost and feature set is provided by FIAT to delphi . why would delphi provide fiat with a additional feature that it hasn;t been asked for .