1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, TFI member Varoon is in Chandigarh. We went to a local installer who showed us Blaupunkt London HU that had a cable with this mini ISO pin. We can use that connector for making an AUX cable but the problem is that it has 4 female ports on the other end in contrast to 2 posted by someone a few pages back (I'm sure that it's Viny who posted it). It's a Preamp output lead actually.

7607893093.jpg

And there is a Punto Emotion Head Unit for sale for Rs2500/-. Some got it removed for after market head unit. Just in case anybody wants to have the stock looks.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update- This is the pic of the wire I was talking about. Varoon just mailed it to me.

130420111483.jpg
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups that should work, thats Mini ISO C1 pin based Aux in Wire, that connects to AUX In in non EPK HU's
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Paddleshifter: The guy could be right too, as similar cable is used for preamp out too, depending upon HU.

Alternately here are some photos of guy who got Aux in working

Source : http://www.fiatforum.com/i-c-e/120614-grande-punto-grundig-hu-aux-hack.html

But we also have here Cinju who got this delphi HU and right set of cables but still the AUX in is not working. Cable used by Cinju is globably used for Blaupunk aux in, as you can see here http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=blaupunkt aux in &_cqr=true&_nkwusc=Balupunkt aux in&_rdc=1
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Viny...this was the first cable type I had pruchased from Ebay and even it didnt work. So I hope for those models which display 'AUX' , this should surely work. This is a 5 pin connecotr & not 8 pin. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Yes that is a 5 pin C1 connector.

Also there's been lot of confusion lately in regard to HU's. Fiat has got many variants of HU manufactured my many suppliers including koreans, chinese and germans and have different formats as well as different firmwares.

And the C3 solution that you tried worked very well on my Linea EPK (HU - Blaupunkt)
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ Viny...now I think it's time for me to give up..We tried with both C1 & C3. As you said they have got HU's from many suppliers with different firmwares. I think the recent variants after say nov 2010 does not support AUX. I am talking about the one's without Blue & Me. Please do let me know if you get any other tip of. Anyways thanx a lot for all your support. :)
  9. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    Cinju!! No!!! I was hoping for a positive feedback from you :( Looks like we just have to go for a new HU.