1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Bluetooth/USB/AUX functionality to Punto Emotion

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aditya, Jun 1, 2010.

1. aditya

aditya Timido

Pune
    JFYI

When I had gone to get the AUX cable installed for my GP Emotion, the guy at the Blaupunkt authorized service center did show me following device:
    http://www.blaupunkt.de/en/products/acc ... no_cache=1

This is compatible with all Blaupunkt audio systems it looks like, and allows you to add USB and Bluetooth functionality to your car audio system. The cost of it was around 3K or so IIRC.

A much cheaper alternative is to install an AUX cable, which may cost anywhere between 200/- and 600/- (in Pune, I got it installed for 350/-). I chose the AUX cable firstly because of the cost, and secondly since the headset for my cellphone (which is a stereo bluetooth headset anyway) has 3.5mm audio jack so it can be attached to the AUX cable without any issues. I can't play songs from USB stick, but I am ok with it since I can play songs from the mp3 player/cellphone with AUX cable. Grandeur's initial investigations and snaps about AUX cable installation were especially helpful.

By the way, the Blaupunkt Authorized Service center in Pune is:
    EKCO Electronics
    Suhas Pathak (Owner) 25436127 / 9822496733

Directions:
    If you come from Symbiosis on Law College road, you need to cross the signal for Prabhat Road, and then turn left in the second lane. The service center is on the right side immediately in a society. There is a sign board on the main law college road, and one on the society wall on your right when you turn in that lane.

As I understand it is the only authorized Blaupunkt service center in Pune as of today.
  2. Chakra

Chakra

Delhi-NCR
    The device shown on Balupunkt website appears to be amazing and good relief for the Punto Emotion owners. However, its availability needs to be ensured. Are there any Blaupunkt dealer who can install aux cable or the usb cord for Blaupunkt HU of Emotion in Delhi NCR region
  3. I am actually looking to use this option in my Punto. (using an AUX cable instead of USB)
    In Chennai I found 'Mount Electronics' is one Balupunkt authorised service center. When I talked to them, they told they dont take cases for Fiat. Any one has any other pointers regarding where in Chennai can I get this done? (Will it be having any effect on warranty?)
  4. aditya

aditya Timido

Pune
    IMO there shouldn't be an issue with the warranty. The system has the functionality and is very capable of accepting an external AUX cable.
    You can still confirm this by calling up fiat customer support.

Don't disconnect the system completely unless you have the activation code handy while installing the AUX cable. You must have got the code along with the documents when you took the delivery.
  5. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    BTW the electrician said while fixing the AUX cable to my Emotion's system, that the Emotion packs USB gets disabled after fixing the AUX cable, not sure how true it is.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This mayb true.. As the USB functionality has overridden the AUX thing which was provided in Emotion...

So i guess when u use AUX USB would get disabled.

Ideally on normal HU both works toghether. But our Fiat systems are custom made by Blaupunkt for Fiat.. SO this mayb true.. not sure..

I've not tried to explore this as the need for AUX is not arrised for me as USB is very convinient for me... u can snap in an EXT portable HDD with loads of songs and can simply listen to the songs u'd like at ease... It works perfectly fine..
  7. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Gaya
    I got Pioneer DEHP3000IB fitted along with JBL GTO947 (Tray) and Sony in the front. The output from CDs is quite good. Infact the system has AUX and I have used a MP3 player to play songs. The output is not too good using the MP3 player. Has anyone got USB fitted instead of AUX?

I just got one FM modulator and using it with pendrive as well as memory card. However, the output is not that good. Any suggestions what could be the issue? Also, installing an amp be useful? If yes, which one to go for?
  8. What is the encoding rate of the MP3 you are using. Some Headunits can recognize upto 160kbps. Try MP3 at 128kbps. You might get better sound quality.
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go in for a head unit which has USB play it would be alot more easier since u can choose the one u like for the ACTIVE version as it doesnt come by default with the car like the emotion and Epk.
  10. My experience with FM transmitters has been very bad so far during both the occassions that I had. It either lacks clarity (mostly) or otherwise becomes very flaky. Has disliked it hence.