1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding an electrical connection through the front door connectors

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by pdydeva, Oct 10, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes I do. I am even thinking that only the lights on the specific door that is open should light up and not every light on every door. Not sure how it is now in other cars. I am deep into research to find a way to do it. I think I have identified one way, which can do this and a lot more, but I need to learn a lot of things, before it becomes reality :D

Hint - BeagleBone Black :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Microcontrollers ? :O More hints please..
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    What hints buddy? I have just made a small insignificant scratch on the surface. :D

Rajan
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    simplest way would be putting up a 5rs reverse pressure switch on the inner side of the door directly on 12v line. So when door opens, the pressure releases, switch gets on lights up the puddle lamp.

The door lock sensors are directly fitted in latch and report via canbus, so it would not be easy piggy ride the same.
  5. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Will you please elaborate on what kind of switch you are talking about and where exactly to mount it ?

Something like this ?

421421.jpg

Of course , one needs to keep in mind that given the weight of the doors , a mechanical switch such as this would probably have to made out of titanium to withstand the repeated opening and closing of the doors..:D
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Get a magnetic door sensor like this one and attached one to the door and the other to the pillar :evilsmile :evilsmile :evilsmile

Just kidding.

Free-Shipping-Magnetic-font-b-Sensor-b-font-Alarm-Window-font-b-Door-b-font-Security.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    How about I hire some really tiny people to sit in the footwells and shine fliahslights when ever the doors are opened ? :ugeek:
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Prantap: I was talking about pressure swithces that you generally see in your refrigerator door, which lights up the inner side of refrigerator as soon as door is opened. It would be mount on the inner side of door somewhere close to hinges.

Something like this

Push-Button-Switch.jpg

Sometimes thinking low close to basics gives better idea then high flying titanium world logics. :)
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys we are going way OT here. The question is how to route the wires to power the lights in the door. Can we please get back on topic now?

Rajan
  10. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Agreed. Will wait for the OP to post the relevant pictures before going OT again :D