1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Adding Amplifier and a BassTube with Stock Speakers

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Aviator, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today a installer told me that for installing sub and amp, he needs to peel a wire off, not cut, just peel. Will this void off my warranty???
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, If it is identified.
  3. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So how to do the job without loosing the warranty?? It is hard to find installers here in north with some experience on fiat stock head unit :confused:
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It may not be possible to install Amp and Sub without peeling the wire. It is the risk we have to take. Good installers won't mess this out to become an issue later.

Note:- I have installed Amp, components and Sub in my car.
  5. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    OK, one last thing, in some posts i have also read that doing these kind of modifications in wiring can also trigger some warning lights (check engine light), is that true??? Did you faced any of these issues???

Cheers
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is not true. Don't worry about it. But, whatever installations you do, get it done from a professional installer.
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Where are you getting the installation done?
  8. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Akshay4384 told me about Motorconcept. Do you know any other professional installer??
  9. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Buddy it is possible not to cut/peel the wires and install the amp just use Audison HLA4 or masconi HLA. Your warranty will be intact while using these equipment and it would be easy to install any amp.

Or you can also go for amps which usually take high level inputs like Hertz(all hertz amp take high level input) and don't worry Aman(owner) at Moter concept will take care of all the problems(saying this on the basis of some reviews).

BTW I am also from delhi.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Use the PNP (Plug N Play) Cable sets available for blaupunkt HU's you would not be required to cut any where.
    To connect the speakers just jack in your wires into the socket give and you dont need to cut the wires.

As far as using AMP on stock speaker is asked. I would like to bring to notice that stock speakers are 30W punny speakers, Amps doing 80-100W per channel will be over kill for them, they are or for HU but not for AMPs, instead if you go for good component speakers instead of AMP, the results would be better.
    1 person likes this.