1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Addicted to WINE : TW Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by avithe1, Sep 19, 2015.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Steering vibration is due to unbalanced wheels or a bend on the rim. Get the wheel balancing done and check for any bends. Move the bent wheel to reduce to reduce the vibration.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Avinash,

I simply love the TW colour on the car, it looks so luxurious. Reaching 10K in 6 months is a good running, that's the reason you bough the MJD right? :finger::finger:

I would suggest to stop worrying about the mileage. Leave that to poor souls like us. ;););)
    avithe1 likes this.
  3. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    KPR, vtlreja2, ghodlur and 1 other person like this.
  4. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    OK, forgot to update.
    Did wheel balancing and alignment a couple of weeks back.

There is NO steering vibration now :happy:

I did the WA/WB at StraightLine in Santacruz: https://goo.gl/maps/NshU9KQ69JK2 , I recommend this place as they have an empty concrete stretch of road just behind their shop where we can test for pulling.
    Also the owner , Trevor, was very knowledgable guy. The place is very small, I believe even the equipment is not something like what Madhu's (Bangalore)/other places have , but they do a nice job.
  5. nitin_nagpure

nitin_nagpure Timido

Wakad Pune
    I have a Fiat Punto 1.2 Emotion Petrol bought in Year 2011 (5 years life and 45000 KM on meter). And serviced my vehicle always with authorized dealer. Few days back a cracking sound came from bonnet after starting AC and I was told by service station that AC compressor needs to be replaced. Also mentioned that after few years AC needs to be charged with gas and lubrication oil to be replaced which servicing dealer did not do or missed it.

Surprised to see that how to keep faith in service vendor that they are servicing vehicle as per the checklist published by FIAT. Also as the dealer keep changing and their interest level also goes down to customer care.

Really frustrating after buying vehicle from such a renowned brand even after knowing lower resale price in comparison to other brands like Maruti. Am I supposed to pay for the negligence of the service dealer.

Any suggestions or views on the same.
  6. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Long time.
    So here's how the car is doing :

At around 12500K got the car polished , wanted to get rid of the swirl marks. Totally my fault in getting the swirl marks.
    There was some spray painting done in my office basement a few meters away from my car. The car's surface was rough and there was some green tint on some parts of the car. I tried to rub it off (panicky me) and got some heavy swirls :(
    Went to MotoShines to get the car polished . Work was well done , the car was shining as new. Only regret which I noticed a few days later is that there were some white (matte finish) small patches (eagle eyes) on the B pillar and the right side outside mirror. I think they are wax marks.

20160501_180946.jpg 20160501_180954.jpg 20160501_182000.jpg

Got the 2nd servicing (15K) done at 14,480 in June (while teamfiat was hibernating) at RS Motors.
    Nothing major only point I raised was the driver seat would just go down (height adjustment) on its own overnight (very slowly).
    They checked and told me that there is a part that needs to be changed by opening the seat, the part was not available and they would have to order it. A rivet will need to be cut open the existing part and then they would weld the new part again.
    I did agree to let them order the part but then never went to get this done when the part was available.
    I am a little afraid of the whole opening of seat stuff.

Come rains and I noticed that there is some layer on my glass. This could be the layer from the spray paint or some wax from Motoshines. The layer only be seen when the wipers work , as soon as the glass dries its normal. There is this vertical wiper mark on the glass that clearly shows that there is something on the glass as you can feel it with your nail. I did not click any pic of this but it looks exactly like this, just that its on the left side

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm00OMeoCSUj9SHVnTo7-d9yqazvP5EylzDiM4hgAdxpx_qoik.jpg

Got my first puncture in the left rear tyre a couple of weeks back.

The car is nearing 1 year , i.e. on 2nd September. The odo today is 16900.
    The mileage reduced as I have again started using my bike to commute as Mumbai roads have become a traffic hell. At times I have been stuck in traffic for 2+ hours just to complete a distance of 20 kms.

Last week a biker crashed into the front bumper while the car was taking a turn.

Fog lamp assembly and fog lamp totally damaged. Just a scratch on the bumper which was a bit misaligned.

bumperalignment.jpg

Wife took the car to RS , they said the whole bumper will need to be replaced. I asked her to comeback and I will have a close look.
    She came back with just bumper alignment.

I did saw that the entire fog assembly was indeed gone, there is no place for the fog lamp to be fixed. I did not like the hole in the bumper though so for the time being temporary jugaad with a lot of tapes and just the silver reflective part of the fog lamp.

fogrepaired.jpeg

Doing this I did come across a few places that can help a new fog lamp to be fixed without the need to change the entire bumper. I will speak to FASS about this when I go there next. What you see in the above pic is only the reflective part of the fog assembly (its very light without all the casing) and a thick round transparent plastic.

Looking forward for the MH-GJ meet coming this weekend :)
    linea4me, KPR and PradeepM like this.