1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Addicted to WINE : TW Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by avithe1, Sep 19, 2015.

1. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    So after my 5K Service at Torrid FASS, the WA/WB introduced a left pull.

I went back a couple of days later and they made some settings, i.e. the car was raised , two metal bars hooked in some slots under chasis (front area) and adjusted (with force). Then again an alignment. After 2 trials there was no left pull.

I also asked the technician about the TAK TAK sound and as suggested by @Pavan Puvvada asked him to inspect and tighten any loose bolts. He did tighten some bolts. Did not hear the tak tak on my way back home.

Next day , with my better half on the passenger side I heard the tak tak again. After her drop point went ahead , did not notice the tak tak now. So I suspect its some loose nut within the cabin probably the seat maybe loose somewhere. Will get this checked first before asking to check anything around the suspension. Don't know if I can do this myself but will check.
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Pls check the screws and bolts at the down side near the dead pedal on the right and similarly on the left (co-driver side). They some times get loose and produce such sound. Tighten them up.
    avithe1 likes this.
  3. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    6000 km comes up just before the car turns 4 months.

Lessons learnt :
    1. Control your anger/ego : A Xylo wanted to overtake me from the wrong side on a single lane road, I did not allow him , he backed , then again he tried to overtake when I slowed a bit , eventually the cars touched and my front left fender got a dent. I should have let him go in the first place.
    2. Never use CIF : I had a small scratch, CIF laying around in the bathroom , tried rubbing the scratch. Scratch still there and shine around the scratch GONE (small patch though). Now I have rubbing compound handy for such experiments but never CIF.

Some issues :
    1. TAK TAK sound from the left side still there
    2. Dashboard AC vents keep flipping , FASS has ordered the part.

3. AC had started to smell a bit , read on various forums to only keep blower ON 2-3 mins before switching off the car , this has worked to an extent. 3M says 1200 Rs for AC disinfectant , thats too much.

I am leaving the fender dent as it is , just to remind me of the mistake I made.
    For all the other issues will be going to FASS next week.

BTW, after Torrid(FASS) mended my left pull by playing with the chassis a bit , the left pull has gone (touchwood).

Will update next week once I am take the car to RS Motors (FASS) for the above issues.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Avinash, seems like the vent has a mind of its own. That's poor quality from Fiat, I wonder what goes into the quality checks for the new cars before despatch.
  5. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Went to RS Motors in Malad to sort out my two issues,
    - Tak Tak from left front side
    - AC vents flipping

Both issues fixed in about 3 hours. Kat tak was because elastic pads in suspension and AC vent was completely replaced (no repair).
    Bill = 0 Rupees :)

Also inquired about the fender dent , the fix will be around 4K rupees. Will look into later once I am back from my long trip end of JAN.

BTW, I was looking for the fender on 99rpm , is this the actual fender on this link i.e. body shell ?, I guess if it is it would be white or some other color and would need painted to TW. Please share your thoughts.

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/fenders-crossrail-front-linea.html

20160114_093840.jpg

56ac6958-2b8a-4c4b-80f6-b0fc5f216469.jpg
    ghodlur and PradeepM like this.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Earlier I thought all people here have a fanboy thing,but yes Fiat makes cars with a strong she'll.I love my car each day more planning for some mods.
    They are
    HUD
    Seat covers
    Bass box
    Phillips crystal view bulbs
    Amplifier
    Window tints
    Anti rust. Coating underbody .
  7. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Window tints are banned and are illegal all over India.
    (Just In case)Even if your city isn't strict about it, its still illegal. Also, you'll have to be worried on all road trip(s) because of them; as you might be travelling many/crossing states.
    Aviral singh likes this.
  8. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @Aviral singh , did not quite get what you meant by that.
  9. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    6 months completed with the car, 10200 Kms done and loving it.

I did a Mumbai-Kutch-Mumbai in January ~2200kms , got bumped by a tempo as soon as I reached Ahmedabad city ,small dent and few scratches on right rear wheel arch. Learnt that I have to go slow on very bad roads when the car is fully loaded as I scraped it once or twice.
    So yes , I learn more as I drive more. Touched 150 on NE1 , pure bliss driving on this straight tarmac.

I also realize that I am a confused driver when I drive to get mileage , but if I just don't concentrate on the AcA and AcB I love it.

My steering vibrates around 90km/hr but remains steady above and below this mark, possible a alignment issue , not sure, experts plz comment.

Itching to drive it to far away places :)

dsc_0030_24594346575_o.jpg

dsc_0106_24084200563_o.jpg

dsc_0122_24499556700_o.jpg
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ avithe1 , 6 months and 10,000 km is a huge number.
    FIAT's are undoubtedly addictive and most of the owners just don't want to be away from that driving seat for too long.
    Enjoy your drives and the car.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    avithe1 likes this.