1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Addicted to WINE : TW Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by avithe1, Sep 19, 2015.

1. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @vinit , do share the shop name and address, will be helpful to most in Mumbai/Thane.
    Thanks.
  2. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    1 month update:

Will complete a month with Kianti (yes, thats what I named her) tomorrow.
    Odo reads 2095 as of today.
    Was lucky enough to have a "Meet" with the Mumbai TFI pals on the 4th day of ownership itself.

After the clogged pipe was fixed in the first week , no more wet carpet anymore. But still I do keep a check if water is dripping below the car or not (Doodh ka jala chaas bhi phook phook ke pita hai ;) )

I still do not know if I am on the latest ECU , will get this check on my first service. As mentioned by many the ECU update fixes the 3rd gear jerk , improves 1st and 2nd gear pickup and a slight increase in FE. I would say that I am facing no issues with pickup (touchwood) , no lag in lower gears except for being on a slope.
    I was very apprehensive about the whole turbo lag thingi which is criticized sooo much every where. Coming from the Spark and never driven a diesel I was actually terrified about this lag. I did take test drives of the MJD (Punto as well as Linea) multiple times , but to be really frank I was always so excited being inside a FIAT that I never realized if I am experiencing any lag :jawdrop:

Did many highway drives and the daily office commute. The average FE overall is around 13 I believe (not taking much notes, going by the MID).

Got a scratch on the 7th day on the rear left side door by a biker :(

Got the following for Kianti:
    - 3M Nomad mats
    - My Shaldan car perfume(gel)
    - Bluetooth streaming USB adapter (drastically reduces sound quality , better to play via USB, only convenience is changing folders/desired songs easily)
    - Original LINEA Boot mat from 99rpm

Still pondering over:
    - 3M underbody coat ,not sure if it is necessary
    - Dashcam
    - Some rubbing compound to minimize the scratch (or leave it as a Suraksha Kawach/Najar na lage types).

Had given the cleaner 2 microfiber cloths to wash and wipe the car to avoid swirls, but was amazed to see swirls on the car. One day early morning went to the parking area and found the guy washing with some different cloth. I blasted him and he says he was worried about the microfiber cloth :jawdrop: :facepalm:

I did have some lower back pain initially but I think I am accustomed to the seat now.

On two different occassions I saw my odometer digits blinking but restarting the car fixes it. I researched and found that this is mainly because of issues with BluenME. But no issues with BluenMe so far. I hope it is nothing to be worried about.

Was disappointed that the only way to change folders is with a lot of pressing buttons on the steering.
    Later found out that if I do a "Play Anything" to the root folder I can change folders simply by pressing the Up/Down button on the media player.

Enjoying the car now although worried about the closing down of most of the dealerships and SVC's in Mumbai. I put a mail to Mangesh Khodalkar to discuss this concern , the reply was that news about new dealerships/svc's will be shared soon :nailbiting:

20151003_150635_HDR.jpg

20151003_153613_HDR.jpg
    prabhjot, Ravi_M and Ravi like this.
  3. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    I get to have a Linea and eat it too

uploadfromtaptalk1445626532821.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1445626543997.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1445626567522.jpg
    Sujit508, prabhjot, Ravi_M and 5 others like this.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    FE of 13 KMPL in Mumbai is absolutely fine considering the time spent by the car in lower gears.

For small scratches Motomax Rubbing compound works wonders. ITs a 50 Rs bottle and removes small scratches very easily.

Pls let us know how to browse the Folders short cut. I use the following path. B&Me -> Media Player -> Advanced USB Options -> Folders -> Select the required folder. What path you are using ?
  5. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @vinit , about changing folders I learnt the following:

1. From the steering controls reach -> Media Player -> Usb settings -> Folders
    2. On the root folder do a Play All
    3. Now it will play all songs/files in your root folder and you can change songs as usual through the steering controls or the < or > key on the HU.
    4. Now if you want to change folders use the ^ or v key on the HU and the folders will change according to the naming order.

Although not too sophisticated, at least an easy way to go through all folders in your USB.
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Ohh. I thought there is some shortcut which can directly take you to change folders option after starting B&Me.
  7. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Team,

5000kms done :) in just less than 3 months. Enjoying every km driven.
    Very minor issues :
    1. The rubber flap on the right hand side of the windscreen (outside) has torn a bit.
    2. The middle AC vent do not stay where I want them to stay, I adjust before starting the car and as soon as there is that first bad road patch , it tilts upwards again.
    3. There is a mild TAK TAK sound from front left passenger side, I suspect suspension.

Gave the car at Torrid FIAT today morning, only asked for WA/WB. I do not have a left pulling issue (touchwood) hope this WA/WB does not introduce it.
    Asked if the AC vent can be fixed but please no opening anything , if it is a longish procedure , I will do some DIY. Lets see in the evening what is done.
    For the TAK TAK sound, did not mention anything to the SA, don't want anything opened up in the car yet. But if the sound intensifies will take her back to FASS. Your suggestions are welcome here.

Have ordered TFI stickers, been 3 months but no update :(

Meanwhile in these 3 months:
    - Got a DashCAM , A118c
    - 64 GB Class 10 card fro the dashcam
    - A bluetooth A2DP adapter
    - Static sticking window shades (no suction)
    - An OTG card reader (for DashCAM transfers into phone)
    - A 12V Socket with USB charging to accommodate the DashCAM wiring

One piece of advise, do not keep any dashboard toys in the car . I kept a solar Hula girl (got it for 399 , now its 2K :nailbiting:)on the dashboard as my little girls like it , but I always found finger prints on the left side of the windscreen or the left window from where the toy was most visible dancing.
    I think the linea is itself too attractive , no more attraction needed. I already got a scratch in the first week of ownership don't want any more people leaning/brushing the car :wacky: , yes I am possessive about her.

Getting mostly 13 to 15 km/l . Have been using this simple android add : Fuelio to track fuel/maintenance usage.

Some latest pics:

DSC_0651.JPG

DSC_0668.JPG

DSC_0675.JPG

DSC_0681.JPG

If you zoom you will notice the DashCAM in the second pic , next to the mirror.
    Also notice the torn rubber flap on the right of the windscreen in the second pic :( , thinking of some jugaad here.

Stay tuned.
    prabhjot, Ravi_M, vtlreja2 and 2 others like this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Linea is looking stunner!! Seems fresh out of wash/wax session!
    avithe1 likes this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I think you must check that TAK TAK sound from suspension. so that you can change it under warrenty.
    avithe1 likes this.
  10. Pavan Puvvada

Pavan Puvvada Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    It should the loose bolt and I have also faced the same issue. FASS have fixed in 5 mins.