1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Addicted to WINE : TW Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by avithe1, Sep 19, 2015.

1. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @SVN , I owned a Chevy Spark before Linea.
    Drove it for 4 years , excellent car, always ready to run. Wondering why you asked.

But yes , Spark was the only car I drove. Never driven any other car for more than say 10kms.
    One thing I will always miss was the ease to park even in tight spots ;)

I remember consulting my friend who earlier had a car accessories shop , I told him I am having a hard time getting good resale value for my spark. He asked me which new car was I going to buy after selling the Spark. I said Linea :D . Only 4 words came out of his mouth "Pagal ho gaya hai", ha haa.
    Revv likes this.
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats... Happy and safe motoring..... Very nice color... I have tw punto ;-)
  3. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @avithe1: reason behind my query was to understand your experience with other brand.

My experience with Fiat is extremely great. It doesn't mean that I have not come across any challenge with Punto I own. I have faced similar issue of AC drain pipe,loose connect of turbo recirculation pipe,....and met with a harsh accident in Hosur- Krishnagiri NH.
    With all experience I have with Punto, I still strongly recommend FIAT with anyone "who love to drive". Only thing we need to make up our mind is "how to deal" with this small challenges we come across. If our mind is set, then no worries.

From your post I learnt that you are very much satisfied with your experience of buying and probably if you go through any thread in this forum, you will get answers for most of all challenge we may come across.

Once again congrats for choosing Linea :)
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    people who value ride quality and are not bothered about the bling tht other makers offer are the only ones who understand what a fiat is all about. there is no point letting your imagination go wild with comments like that.
  5. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    I read a lot of posts reporting left side pull.
    I do not find this on my car. Can I record the current readings and not let any one fiddle with the current readings (or bring it back to the ones I have now in case of issue)?

I tried out on different roads (mostly straight) and most of the times it did go straight. For the other times it does go left but not as bad as this one :
  6. Binoj John

Binoj John Timido

Cochin
    Linea Classic
    @avithe1
    my linea having this same problem, exactly like in this video. the steering is turned little bit towards left always, even at stand still. given to FASS, did alignment and wheel balancing but the problem did not solved. now they want to check the rear axle. car is still at the service station since last four days.
  7. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Biju, I would suggest the attached readings for WA/WB. I dont remember from where I go this but this is what FIAT has recommended for the left pull issue. Let me know if this fixes your issue. Meanwhile I will try to locate the original source of this image (from the watermark it seems to be from teambhp)

WheelAlignment.jpg
  8. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Binoj John : I also faced this issue initially. Did wheel alignment. The issue seems to be resolved but surfaced again. Went to a wheel alignment center in Thane. That guy immediately recognized the problem and fixed the steering. Since then no left pulling.
  9. Binoj John

Binoj John Timido

Cochin
    Linea Classic
    after a lot of try and err, finally got the vehicle today evening. left pulling is not feeling like before. but need to check on a flat straight road. the steering tightness still there slightly. @vinit what was the problem with your steering and how you fixed it? i think i need to do something like that. i asked the service advisor anything to be done with the steering but he said no
  10. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Binoj John : He fixed all 4 wheels tightly in absolute straight position on the wheel alignment setup and then adjusted the steering till it falls in the straight line with the wheels.