1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Addicted to WINE : TW Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by avithe1, Sep 19, 2015.

1. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Got delivery of my TW Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion last week , 10th September.

Always loved the looks of the Linea. This got me to read various Linea ownerships and eventually decided that my car has to be a FIAT. Initially due to budget thought of going for a Punto but had to drop the plan many times due to personal issues. Years after years now when things seemed right went ahead for the Linea :)

Ciaz was really good but put Linea in front of it and you will let go those extra features that it provides i.e. touch screen , reverse camera blah balh

Booked a TW Emotion variant from Torrid Motors , Andheri East. My experience with Torrid was pretty good. Yes there were some times when I was really nervous i.e. when they told me that the car will have to be driven from Pune since there are not enough vehicles to fulfill a trailer order + I had to pay entire amount to get the car released from the plant (cash and carry funda). Apart from these things were just fine. The SA , Azhar , was always communicative and was always frank with the proceedings. They let me do a proper PDI and then only the car was sent for registration.

It was bright and sunny week and the day we (me and wife) went to get the car was also bright and sunny.
    But as soon as we were handed the keys , it started raining heavily , took it as a sign of God's blessing ;)

It was 236 Kms when I did the PDI of the car and ~300 when I took the delivery. Now after 9 days its 850 Kms :). Its indeed fun to drive this machine.

The first time I got stuck in a traffic jam i.e. 2 hrs to get to office (20kms) and 3 hrs to get back (20 kms) , I got severe lower back pain the next day. But a relaxed weekend and I was good with my back. Now again getting stuck in traffic does not bring back the pain.
    BTW , the first traffic jam was because of derailment of trains and the second because of ganesh chaturthi festival's first day.

All good so far , but yesterday found that the carpets on the passenger side were all soaked with water. I dont know how long this has been like this as it was just coincidental that my wife took off her footwear and realized the floor is wet. I checked and saw that the entire left side was wet (soaked) with water. Took out about 4 to 5 liters of water with the Jopasu microfibre cloth and its still wet. Spoke with sales manager at torrid and he asked to come by their FASS. You can checkout the last few seconds of this video to see how much water is still there even after sponging out about 5 liters of water : https://goo.gl/photos/D9X4SJo4f6dVT19P9
    I am afraid this will start smelling in some time :(
    Disappointed that this had to happen with a brand new car.

Will keep the thread updated as much as possible.

DSC_0386.JPG
    bharath, linea4me, ghodlur and 5 others like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to Fiat Family.

The leakage could be due the AC Drain pipe. Go to FASS, they will have to remove the carpets and dry it. They will fix the AC drain pipe and it should not cause any more worries.

Happy Motoring.
    avithe1 and prabhjot like this.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    congrats on your new car.
    just a couple of questions.. why have you left the bonnet open? forgotten about fully closing it or??
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 19, 2015 ---
    and, please get those ribbons removed at the earliest. leaves swirl marks on thhe bonnet.
    Pradeepms and avithe1 like this.
  4. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Yes the leakage was a clogged drain pipe. They blew pressured air and water and some fiddling with a long screw driver.
    Fitted it back and this time when the Ac started I could clearly see the drops of water dripping under the car.
    Anish Pore from Torrid Service was quite a knowledgeable fellow.
    A junior technician initially said that the whole AC unit will need to be replaced , will take up around 15 days to do so under warranty.
    I called up the new GM Sales at Torrid, with whom I had communicated extensively during my car purchase.
    He (Pravin Parriera) came to the service center in 15 mins and himself supervised the whole scene. He let Anish (Sr. Technician) check this time and Anish identified as a clogged pipe :)

Will monitor the same for a few days to check leakage.
    There was a power outage for quite some time so did not wait for them to dry the carpet , removed as much of water as possible during wash at 3M by vaccum.
    Now the carpet is not drenched with water but just feels a bit wet. A nice sunny day will evaporate this water but its heavy rains for the moment :(

@harryaviator , the bonnet is open because they fitted those ribbons.
    Seat plastic was gone on the delivery day itself and ribbons the day after.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the new steed @avithe1 . Beautiful color , you bought there. And great that issue was just a clogged drain pipe .
    Happy mile munching.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @avithe1 congrats on getting the issues resolved at ease. wish u trouble free mile crunching ahead!
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Get the carpets removed and dried, else the wet smell will feel horrible after a few days. Take the pains now to ensure it doesn't stink or introduce the cancer called rust at a later point of time.
  8. Binoj John

Binoj John Timido

Cochin
    Linea Classic
    congrats avithe1...happy motoring...
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ avithe1 Congratulations on the car. Wishing you many happy miles ahead.
    Sad to know that the PDI team at Torrid did not bother to do their job well.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats

Just curious to know the car you own/drove before buying Linea .

Two more points to be added in the PDI checklist.
    1. Check block or loose connect of AC drain pipe
    2. Check loose connect of turbo pipe (in engine bay)

Above things are common and hence to be checked and take corrective actions so as to avoid negative impression in initial days....

@ moderator, kindly add the same in PDI checklist (if not listed)
    PradeepM likes this.